Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game of Thrones
So I figure I'll start this back up.

Some notes from last night:

The Queen Mother seems to be in over her head. I bet shit goes down over this.

Sansa can't catch a break. I figured she would do something, but nah, just more terrible stuff.

The Sand Snakes suck. Terrible motivation and dialogue. Worst characters on the show. I swear to god if those blades were poisoned...

Tyrion funny as always. His tounge (and ****) save him once again.

The Arya stuff is cool as hell, but I hope we never truly see her lose her identity.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:44 PM)MrRager Wrote: The Arya stuff is cool as hell, but I hope we never truly see her lose her identity.

Have you read the books? I know they are deviating some, but I have a feeling they will keep this similar.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Have you read the books? I know they are deviating some, but I have a feeling they will keep this similar.

I am currently in the middle of the second one so I have not made it there yet. The books have proven to be way more time consuming, but I'm chugging through.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:55 PM)MrRager Wrote: I am currently in the middle of the second one so I have not made it there yet. The books have proven to be way more time consuming, but I'm chugging through.

Okay, well, just so you know, as of right now Arya has not completely given up her identity. She keeps edging closer but the maintains a safety line. How that plays out on the show, I don't know. They may actually not let her go as far because of the popularity of the character.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 03:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Have you read the books? I know they are deviating some, but I have a feeling they will keep this similar.

My wife told me that in the books, the Sand Snakes actually captured her.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:02 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: My wife told me that in the books, the Sand Snakes actually captured her.

Captured Arya?

Reply/Quote
The Sand Snakes in the show blow monkey. I heard they are much more well done in the books, however.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:33 PM)MrRager Wrote: The Sand Snakes in the show blow monkey. I heard they are much more well done in the books, however.

They're badass in the books.

Reply/Quote
Since it's just fanfiction now, I kept waiting for Theon to kill Ramsay. But no... We have a rape scene instead...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since it's just fanfiction now, I kept waiting for Theon to kill Ramsay. But no... We have a rape scene instead...

Oh, it would be so glorious for Ramsay to get his. He's actually one of the few characters I truly despise.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:53 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Oh, it would be so glorious for Ramsay to get his. He's actually one of the few characters I truly despise.

He makes me yearn for Joffrey. Hell, Tommen did too this episode. Stand up for your queen, man.
Reply/Quote
Why am I marrying this dude?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 05:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Since it's just fanfiction now, I kept waiting for Theon to kill Ramsay. But no... We have a rape scene instead...

I kinda though it was going to happen and he was just going to loose it and the entire time in waiting for with the rape build up I'm thinking, oh heck no this isn't going to happen. No way. No way........ Then disappointment sets in... It happen...

Other notes I kinda just watch for the mother of dragons.... I wish they would advertise when she's not in the episode and I might just skip that week
Reply/Quote
I get awfully confused sometimes, and am relegated to watching for boobs and blood, so let me ask. Do they just kill people in that place where Arya is? Do people come there to get healed and are just poisoned? Should I know the purpose of columns full of bodies or is that explanation coming? I can't remember if I picked up on it, or heard is somewhere, but is John Snow the brother of the dragon chick? If so, I would think that gives him claim to the throne, so would she try to kill him? How come Anne Boleyn doesn't get naked every other minute like she did in The Tudors?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I get awfully confused sometimes, and am relegated to watching for boobs and blood, so let me ask.  Do they just kill people in that place where Arya is?  Do people come there to get healed and are just poisoned?  Should I know   the purpose of columns full  of bodies or is that explanation coming?  I can't remember if I picked up on it, or heard is somewhere, but is John Snow the brother of the dragon chick?  If so, I would think that gives him claim to the throne, so would she try to kill him?  How come Anne Boleyn doesn't get naked every other minute like she did in The Tudors?

So, a couple of answers for you.

The House of Black and White, the guild hall of the Faceless Men, a group of assassins, is indeed a place where people go to die. They honor the Many Faced God, which is to say, the god of death, no matter what incarnation the particular culture takes. The people that come to the temple that are sick are seeking an end to their suffering. They go their fully aware of what it is.

The parentage of Jon Snow is one that is truthfully unknown at this point. The books still stick to the story that he is the son of Ned and an unknown woman. There are three theories as to his mother presented in the books, all with Ned being the father. However, the fan base has inferred that Ned is not the father and that R+L=J. That is to say, Rhaegar and Lyanna are the parents of Jon. This would actually make him the nephew of Daenerys. There is a little more to this familial fun fest but I'm not sure if the Show is using it or not. I'm not current as I only watch when the DVDs come out, but I don't think the show has caught up to the book where this twist takes place so we shall see.

As for the last question, I do not know, but I'd like to see more of it. Just sayin'.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 04:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, well, just so you know, as of right now Arya has not completely given up her identity. She keeps edging closer but the maintains a safety line. How that plays out on the show, I don't know. They may actually not let her go as far because of the popularity of the character.

From across the sea... she still can connect to Nymeria... Cant wait to see those to together again.

I dont like all the changes this season has brought to the story arch... As Sansa part with Harry the Heir was exciting.. And now shes replacing the fake Arya in winterfell with the boltons? No dice.
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2015, 10:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I get awfully confused sometimes, and am relegated to watching for boobs and blood, so let me ask. Do they just kill people in that place where Arya is? Do people come there to get healed and are just poisoned? Should I know the purpose of columns full of bodies or is that explanation coming? I can't remember if I picked up on it, or heard is somewhere, but is John Snow the brother of the dragon chick? If so, I would think that gives him claim to the throne, so would she try to kill him? How come Anne Boleyn doesn't get naked every other minute like she did in The Tudors?

Here is a great essay on Jon paratage...

http://towerofthehand.com/essays/chrisholden/jon_snows_parents.html

Also there was a recent one where they discuss Jon being Lightbringer.. (not a sword but a child that took 3 attempts to forge and resulted in the death of a woman)

Lots of essays on that site that are worth a read and some trivia you can play.

Also you can scope it so you dont spoil things for yourself if you are trying to avoid that.

Already the book and show are on different paths. Take the book as canon
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 01:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: From across the sea...  she still can connect to Nymeria...  Cant wait to see those to together again.

I dont like all the changes this season has brought to the story arch... As Sansa part with Harry the Heir was exciting.. And now shes replacing the fake Arya in winterfell with the boltons?   No dice.

Yeah, when I heard about the Sansa and Bolton thing I was not happy. The end result is the same as Baelish's plan in the books, but it is contrary to his nature and feelings towards Sansa.

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2015, 01:31 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, when I heard about the Sansa and Bolton thing I was not happy.

i already stopped watching the show... Ill watch it after i can finish the book series. but i want the book story first.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2015, 06:33 PM)MrRager Wrote: He makes me yearn for Joffrey. Hell, Tommen did too this episode. Stand up for your queen, man.
To be fair, Tommen is very scared and has no idea what is really going on. It's not a hit on him, but just how he was raise and how Cersei is controlling him.
(05-19-2015, 01:44 AM)CinciREborn Wrote: Other notes I kinda just watch for the mother of dragons.... I wish they would advertise when she's not in the episode and I might just skip that week

Danaerys is annoying the hell out of me. I just want to see Missandei naked and her and the unsullied dude live. Danaerys is continuously making bad decisions. As Tywin said, a ruler has to be wise, and she is not
Reply/Quote