Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Jonah Williams to Practice
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jonah-williams-practice-bengals-165646839.html

I hope they do NOT play him.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's important to assess him before the offseason starts to (hopefully) determine 2020 team needs.
Whether that's in a game or just practice, doesn't matter.
I'd be fine to have him play for Week 17, but I understand if not.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It would be totally moronic to play this guy this year. Baby him and go hard next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's important to assess him before the offseason starts to (hopefully) determine 2020 team needs.
Whether that's in a game or just practice, doesn't matter.
I'd be fine to have him play for Week 17, but I understand if not.

They need 3 better Olinemen regardless of how this guy looks.
Reply/Quote
do we think glenn will be the LG next year?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They need 3 better Olinemen regardless of how this guy looks.

They aren't getting 3 more starting OL in one offseason...unless they actively participate in FA.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:29 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It would be totally moronic to play this guy this year. Baby him and go hard next year.

Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They aren't getting 3 more starting OL in one offseason...unless they actively participate in FA.

I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

I’m not saying that I’m right or that you’re wrong. I’m just saying that I don’t see much to gain from it. He was rated as the top 0linemen in the draft, he could be a 10 year player for the team. I also don’t have faith in the Bengals medical team. I would play it safe. Usually if something bad can happen to the Bengals, it does. That’s just my opinion.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.

Jordan had some struggles but most mid round rookies do  they generally improve after rookie season
Reply/Quote
I hope they don't jeopardize his red shirt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.

Michael Jordan is improving. Rookie linemen forced to start usually struggle there is no point writing him off but they still need to bring in depth and competition.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The team has 3 weeks to activate him or IR him after being on PUP. With 3 weeks to go in the season, this is likely just a chance to get him some practice time and a chance to do some evaluation on him before the offseason

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:58 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not saying that I’m right or that you’re wrong. I’m just saying that I don’t see much to gain from it. He was rated as the top 0linemen in the draft, he could be a 10 year player for the team. I also don’t have faith in the Bengals medical team. I would play it safe. Usually if something bad can happen to the Bengals, it does. That’s just my opinion.

I hear ya, it's just that this season is worthless except for getting the young guys any sort of snaps or experience.  You can't start a guy's NFL career off by benching him for fear of him getting hurt.
Reply/Quote
If he does play the next 3 games do we get to consider next year his rookie year? I'm pretty sure this is John Ross' 3rd rookie year.

As to the OP: Get his ass out there
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

Agree, if he’s good to go get him out there to get some valuable experience when his mistakes won’t hurt the team.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he does play the next 3 games do we get to consider next year his rookie year? I'm pretty sure this is John Ross' 3rd rookie year.

As to the OP: Get his ass out there

Yes the best way for a player to learn is to play. There will be rookie mistakes from him next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 02:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jonah-williams-practice-bengals-165646839.html

I hope they do NOT play him.

If he's ready and cleared... Let the man play and start learning the NFL speed.  Find out if he can handle being an LT, if not then he will be a RT and we will still need an LT.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 03:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes the best way for a player to learn is to play. There will be rookie mistakes from him next season.

Hell, given our history I'm expecting him to make plenty of "rookie" mistakes in his 3rd season and beyond.
Reply/Quote
He is only cleared for individual drills. He is not playing this year

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote