Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since 1995 the Bengals have 173 Wins...
26th of 30! Whoohooo!!! Model Model!!!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Over the previous decade and a half the Bengals are in the top half of the league in wins; top ten in playoff appearances; and tied for 11th in Super Bowl Championships.
Reply/Quote
Can you make our 5 total wins in franchise history (51 years) sound glorious too?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can you make our 5 total wins in franchise history (51 years) sound glorious too?

Can you shit on and cry about our two Super Bowl appearances?

No other fan base in the league keeps track of playoff wins.  Instead they talk about two main things.  Super Bowls and winning sesons.  
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can you shit on and cry about our two Super Bowl appearances?

No other fan base in the league keeps track of playoff wins.  Instead they talk about two main things.  Super Bowls and winning sesons.  The only ones who obsess on playoff wins are Bengal "fans" who live to whine.

Can you show statistics on that?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can you make our 5 total wins in franchise history (51 years) sound glorious too?

(12-12-2019, 10:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can you shit on and cry about our two Super Bowl appearances?

No other fan base in the league keeps track of playoff wins.  Instead they talk about two main things.  Super Bowls and winning sesons.  The only ones who obsess on playoff wins are Bengal "fans" who live to whine.

Let's all try to remember to keep our responses on the message, rather than the poster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've developed too strong of a man crush on Joe Burrow with the hope that we'll get him. I've tried to reign myself back in knowing we will screw this up in true Bungle fashion and win a couple games down the stretch. With how close the Dolphins were to beating the Jets last week and the Giants nearly beating the Eagles on MNF, it seems like the stars are aligning against us. Just for once I'd like to see them not eff this up.
Reply/Quote
If they win 2 games and **** themselves out of Joe Burrow I will be furious.
Reply/Quote
Bengals can do poorly at any draft position.
Reply/Quote
Why two threads?
Reply/Quote
Why 2 threads?
Reply/Quote

No other fan base in the league keeps track of playoff wins.  Instead they talk about two main things.  Super Bowls and winning sesons.  

Not true. PAT fan complain if they win a playoff game but don't make the SB that same year. :) 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Over the previous decade and a half the Bengals are in the top half of the league in wins; top ten in playoff appearances; and tied for 11th in Super Bowl Championships.

That 15 year period is propped up greatly by the 5 year run form 2011-2015. The other 10 years has produced a record of 64-91-2. 

As for the playoffs, 22 different teams have appeared in 7 or more playoff games during the last 15 years...with 21 of them having won at least 2 games.
Reply/Quote

Fans shouldn't talk about the fact that an organization that has been around for over 50 years can count it's TOTAL playoff wins on ONE hand?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:52 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: As for the playoffs, 22 different teams have appeared in 7 or more playoff games during the last 15 years...with 21 of them having won at least 2 games.

I should have been more clear.  By "appearances" I meant playoff "seasons", not games.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I should have been more clear.  By "appearances" I meant playoff "seasons", not games.

I knew what you meant, just adding some context that I felt was important.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fans shouldn't talk about the fact that an organization that has been around for over 50 years can count it's TOTAL playoff wins on ONE hand?  Mellow

All I am saying is that very few NFL fans can tell you how many playoff wins most teams have.  They are much more likely to know how often a team makes the playoffs or how many times they have been to the Super Bowl.  Bengal fans are the only ones who measure success by playoff wins.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All I am saying is that very few NFL fans can tell you how many playoff wins most teams have.  They are much more likely to know how often a team makes the playoffs or how many times they have been to the Super Bowl.  Bengal fans are the only ones who measure success by playoff wins.

That may well be true, but they can also count their teams total playoff wins on more than one hand. I'm not trying to be a smartass by saying that. It's just the truth of the situation. What does this fan base have to talk about? Two Super Bowls in the 80's that both ended in heartbreak? Five total playoffs wins in 50+ years? Setting multiple NFL records for playoff futility under Marvin? Not winning a playoff game in almost 3 decades?

I mean seriously brother, what can we brag about as a fan base? That we're 18th in wins over the last 15 years? It's not the fans fault that they don't have very many success stories to talk about.  
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2019, 10:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No other fan base in the league keeps track of playoff wins

You know why that is? Because they don't go 30 freaking years without one.
Reply/Quote