Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wren to IR
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
So suggs might be in the mix? lol I think we get first dips
Reply/Quote
His snaps were not increasing. He played more earlier in the year. He played 20+ snaps in 3 of the first 7 games, but not once since then.
Reply/Quote
Who??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Waste of a pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:14 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Waste of a pick.

Might be a bit early to call him a wasted pick.  Josh Tupau has had his share of injury struggles, but is now emerging as an asset to the DL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We can’t continue with the same staff that picked Wren Sample Finley to all of a sudden have a great draft in 2020. Our only hope is Tobin is replaced soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We can’t continue with the same staff that picked Wren Sample Finley to all of a sudden have a great draft in 2020. Our only hope is Tobin is replaced soon.

Tobin has actually had some good drafts. You know who hasn’t? Zac Taylor...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 12:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: We can’t continue with the same staff that picked Wren Sample Finley to all of a sudden have a great draft in 2020.  Our only hope is Tobin is replaced soon.

Now, more than ever, the Bengals need to hit a draft that produces at least 3 solid, first year starters.  That is an accomplishment for any NFL staff, and something that the Bengals haven't been able to do in about 10 years.  By the laws of averages, they're due to hit a "once in a decade" type of draft class.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Anyone who rates a draft class midway through their first season is completely clueless about the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Anyone who rates a draft class midway through their first season is completely clueless about the NFL.

Then why do people grade them right away professor?

Ofc things can change but right now Taylor’s 1st draft looks awful. Even if Jonah Williams is a stud that’s one guy. You’d like to at least get 2-3 decent players out of any given draft.

And no matter what happens with Sample he was taken too early. Period.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And no matter what happens with Sample he was taken too early. Period.

You have no idea where other NFL teams had Sample rated.

The excat same "experts" that said we drafted Sample too early had Mack Wilson rated 3 rounds too high.

Period.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then why do people grade them right away professor?

I don't know.  It is a complete waste of time.

But if you want to insist I am wrong I am willing to make a sig bet about how many NFL stars I can list who did nothing as a rookie.

We'll see who knows the most about the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have no idea where other NFL teams had Sample rated.

The excat same "experts" that said we drafted Sample too early had Mack Wilson rated 3 rounds too high.

Period.

Why would anyone believe other teams had him that high? Because Taylor said so?

Find me one single credible source that had him with a 2nd round grade. I’ll wait...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 05:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know.  It is a complete waste of time.

But if you want to insist I am wrong I am willing to make a sig bet about how many NFL stars I can list who did nothing as a rookie.

We'll see who knows the most about the NFL.

Sums up perfectly 95% of the arguments you engage in here.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 03:56 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who??

You stole my response! Lol
Just another overhyped underachiever.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc things can change but right now Taylor’s 1st draft looks awful. Even if Jonah Williams is a stud that’s one guy. You’d like to at least get 2-3 decent players out of any given draft.

Hmm, I can lobby hard that Pratt is a good pick.  Sure, he may have gotten thrown in as a starter sooner than I would have liked to have seen, but he's showing good development and plenty of potential to get better.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jonah is going to be a worthy LT, but I'm also going to forecast that Wren will have a significant impact next season, as well as at least one of the 6th round RBs, as well as the youthful Mike Jordan.

Like Fred said, you can't judge a draft class after just the first season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 06:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I can lobby hard that Pratt is a good pick.  Sure, he may have gotten thrown in as a starter sooner than I would have liked to have seen, but he's showing good development and plenty of potential to get better.  I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jonah is going to be a worthy LT, but I'm also going to forecast that Wren will have a significant impact next season, as well as at least one of the 6th round RBs, as well as the youthful Mike Jordan.

Like Fred said, you can't judge a draft class after just the first season.

I haven’t been impressed with Pratt, but even if he works out that’s maybe 2 good picks. Very underwhelming 1st draft for Taylor no matter how you slice it. You take 2 injured RB’s and then overpay Gio? Sample was drafted at least one round too high. Jordan looks like another OSU OL bust. And Finley doesn’t even belong in the league as a backup. Davis is already off the team and currently unemployed. But yeah, I’m sure this will all look better in a few years...

Reply/Quote
Most nfl studs are solid starters show something the rookie year. Burfict , Green , Whitworth, Eifert, Atkins , Dunlap . Wren showed us nothing absolutely nothing. He didn’t do crap in college either but since he’s a Bengal now I’m supposed to believe he’s going to be a star.
Reply/Quote
You cannot judge a draft class after one season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote