Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
I'm completely miffed at the Dalton comparison, to the point that I'm sure the scout that was stupid enough to say this had to be on payroll for the Miami Dolphins.

There isn't a comparison, Andy Dalton's comparison is Jake Fromm. They might as well be brothers.

The excuses range from I don't like the fact that he did it when he was 23, I would of "felt" better had he had this exact same season at 21 and then gone pro.

Michael Jordan was 21 when he entered the NBA, if he had entered the NBA when he was 20, am I to believe that you think that would have made him a better prospect?

The it was all Joe Brady excuse makes very little sense to me, seeing as how Joe Brady has been in charge of designing a passing attack for all of THIS YEAR.

If this man, that had as many years designing a passing attack as everybody on this forum, before THIS YEAR, is so great why isn't he our coach right now?

Obviously this man is the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh and Paul Brown, make this man your head coach.

Also the "this offense has the best everything, even I could be successful with this talent." The hell you could, because if you could you'd be preparing to be a millionaire right now.

You know how many star recruit Justin Jefferson was? He was a 2-3 star recruit by most publications. He looks about 6'2 192 pounds to me. You know what his reported 40 yard dash is? 4.58-4.63 range.

If you look at his tape you'll find a WR that struggles to ever get separation against man-to-man coverage.

If all it takes is an offensive genius why didn't Jalen Hurts, who had Lincoln Riley, who some considered the greatest college offensive mind in the last decade, have a better year than Joe Burrow?

Why didn't Tua, who has more talent around him, have better numbers before his injury?

If LSU'S team was so immensely talented, why weren't they the preseason favorite to win it all?

In fact, if I remember correctly they were practically laughed out of the building on SEC media day, at the beginning of the year, when Joe Burrow told them he was going to lead the greatest college passing attack that they had ever seen.

If they were so immensely talented, why weren't they "this talented" last year. After all it's the same offense, minus Joe Brady.

Cause obviously, it's completely unbelievable that players can make huge improvements between their first year of major play to their second year of major playing time.

Also college is completely littered with players that had 3-4 years of great play and have gone on to lackluster careers in the NFL, don't believe me look at the top 50 college passing yards leaders of all time.

1 Case Keenum, 2 Timmy Chang, 3 Landry Jones, 4 Graham Harrell, 5 Ty Detmer, 6 Kellen Moore, 7 Baker Mayfield, 8 Luke Falk, 9 Colt Brennan, 10 Rakeem Cato, 11 Mason Rudolph, 12 Sean Mannion, 13 Brett Rypien, 14 Philip Rivers, 15 Corey Robinson, 16 Colt McCoy, 17 Aaron Murray, 18 Kevin Kolb, 19 Dan Lefevour, 20. Cooper Rush 21 Brandon Doughty, 22 Derek Carr, 23 Tim Rattay, 24 Ryan Lindley, 25 Luke McCown, 26 Chris Redman, 27 Chase Daniel, 28 Mason Fine, 29 Brent Stockstill, 30 Trevor Vittatoe, 31 Kliff Kingsbury, 32 Matt Barkley, 33 Jake Browning, 34 Jared Goff, 35 Drew Lock, 36 Zach Terrell, 37 Zac Dysert, 38 Nick Mullens, 39 Shane Carden, 40 Tajh Boyd, 41 Byron Leftwich, 42 Chase Holbrook, 43 Carson Palmer, 44 Drew Brees, 45 Brady Quinn, 46 Russell Wilson, 47 Dane Evans, 48 Geno Smith, 49 David Greene, 50 Gino Guidugli.

I see 3 HOF potential players as of now Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Philip Rivers.

Besides the most talented QB in the draft is Jacob Eason, who's career highlight is getting injured at Georgia allowing Jake Fromm to start and the team immediately began playing better around Jake Fromm.

That whole situation reminded me of Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson. You had little 5'10 180 pound Doug Flutie and 6'4 215 pound Rob Johnson.

People were clamoring for the "rocket armed" Johnson, and you had little Doug Flutie who the team loved and everybody rallied behind. He could completely spark the team.

Rob Johnson could take or leave football, Doug Flutie lived for it. They decided to sit Flutie for the playoff game he had lead them to and start "rocket armed" Johnson and they lost.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - TheBengalsMind - 01-02-2020, 09:39 PM