Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton
(01-03-2020, 04:15 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: Does anyone remember when the game where someone went  35/51, 68% completion, 2 TD, 0 Int, and over 400 yards. 

Do you know what game I'm referring to? If not it was Dalton's first game this season where a WIN should have happened but it didn't because the coaches FAILED and not the QB. The QB delivered a winning performance and he was rewarded with a loss. 

Dalton can play and play to a high level vs. good teams. Just like Burrow, Dalton plays bad as well. 

Burrow did great this year and had fantastic stats, but that doesn't mean it will translate to the NFL. 

I'm not sold on Burrow just yet. Not until I see him actually play at the NFL level in a game that matters. If the Bengals select him I will support the team still. But I'm not onboard with the Burrow pick because most QB drafted in the 1st round are bust or simply don't live up to where they were selected. 

I rather have extract picks to help fill the many holes on the team. 

It's fair to have concerns about how Burrow will do in the NFL, as it is with any prospect. I mean, there's no way of knowing until we actually see him play. But, we do know how Andy has translated in 9 years. He's been a decent starting QB, but never quite good enough to ascend to the next level. I've always been an Andy supporter but the reality is that he's only has a passer rating of 90 or more twice in his entire career,. Also, if we're going to give him a fair amount of credit for the 50-26-1 record he compiled during his first 5 years (which I do) ...then we also have to place a fair share of the blame for his 20-35-1 record over the past 4 years. 

At this point, I just think it's time to move on and try to improve with someone else at that position...the most important position, IMO. There's no doubt that Andy has been criticized far too harshly at times, but it's also true that he has earned honest criticism on many occasions based on his own performance, especially the inconsistency that has always plagued him. Like I said, I've always rooted for Andy, but after 9 years, I'm rooting for someone different to lead us into the future. Hopefully, Burrow can be that guy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stop comparing Joe Burrow to Dalton - Bengalholic - 01-03-2020, 04:36 PM