Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
(01-07-2020, 08:35 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bad Linebacker class is a far cry from the truth.  Is it stocked like wide receivers? no, but there is plenty of talent in this draft at linebacker.  And if we don’t address it we will be looking at another year of getting shlacked on the ground time and time against week to week.  We bring AJ green back and we are looking at green Boyd Ross Tate which are four good wide receivers but I still think the position needs to be addressed but he’ll not in the second round and that’s again to my
Point that it is an incredibly deep draft for wide receivers.  I understand higgins is a beast but at some point we need to address the team needs instead of going goo goo gaga over guys that fall to us.  And running backs that are productive can be had anywhere at anytime.

What LB would you take at 33 over Higgins?  Murray was gone by then.  There's nobody else worth taking there.  I like Moses, but he returned to school.

Even if we bring back AJ, he, Ross, and Tate are all injury prone.  Ross will be in a contract year unless you pick up his 5th year option and AJ will likely be on the FT if he's back.  Overpaying injury prone WR's isn't a great way to rebuild.

Etienne is getting a lot of 1st round grades and fits the Saquon Barkley/Christian McCaffrey mold of a true dual threat.  What LB would you take there instead?  Pratt was a guy I liked last year, and it took him over half the season to even be decent.  Vigil has had a long development curve and is decent, at best.  You're not likely to get a plug and play starter at LB in 3, especially in this class.

This LB class has a lot of 2 down thumpers and guys with good measurables that aren't good football players yet.  The 3 down guys that can play the run and actually cover somebody are few and far between.

Thing is, it's not like this was a playoff team last year that didn't advance because our LB's suck.  We were 2-14.  This team has holes all throughout it's roster and you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that is a true superstar talent that is going to be a cornerstone to build around for the future.  We need to get guys to build around regardless of their position and we can't fill all the holes in one draft.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 January Draft Challenge - psychdoctor - 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Whatever - 01-08-2020, 01:54 AM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Au165 - 01-08-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - bfine32 - 01-10-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-17-2020, 11:00 AM