Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
(01-08-2020, 01:54 AM)Whatever Wrote: What LB would you take at 33 over Higgins?  Murray was gone by then.  There's nobody else worth taking there.  I like Moses, but he returned to school.

Even if we bring back AJ, he, Ross, and Tate are all injury prone.  Ross will be in a contract year unless you pick up his 5th year option and AJ will likely be on the FT if he's back.  Overpaying injury prone WR's isn't a great way to rebuild.

Etienne is getting a lot of 1st round grades and fits the Saquon Barkley/Christian McCaffrey mold of a true dual threat.  What LB would you take there instead?  Pratt was a guy I liked last year, and it took him over half the season to even be decent.  Vigil has had a long development curve and is decent, at best.  You're not likely to get a plug and play starter at LB in 3, especially in this class.

This LB class has a lot of 2 down thumpers and guys with good measurables that aren't good football players yet.  The 3 down guys that can play the run and actually cover somebody are few and far between.

Thing is, it's not like this was a playoff team last year that didn't advance because our LB's suck.  We were 2-14.  This team has holes all throughout it's roster and you'd be hard pressed to find anybody that is a true superstar talent that is going to be a cornerstone to build around for the future.  We need to get guys to build around regardless of their position and we can't fill all the holes in one draft.  

I wouldn’t take a linebacker at 33 (see mock above) I’d take the best available offensive lineman to protect the future franchise qb we just drafted lol. With how deep the wr class is this year which has been said to be the deepest in the last 20 years it’s completely unnecessary to grab one in round 2 and most importantly before u address probably our biggest and most important need, offensive lineman. Don’t forget we have the worst offensive line in the league and we just drafted our new prize qb gotta invest in protecting him.

Also I like our wide receivers but I do agree the position needs to be addressed in the draft but hell u can get round 2 talent on day 3 with how stockpiled this draft is at the position. Guys like Pittman JR hodgins Collins etc.

Etienne is being compared to gio Bernard and I’m sorry I wouldn’t take gio in the second nor the third if I had to do it all over again. If this guy was Barkley or mccaffrey he would go top 10. But he isn’t. He’s a fast change of pace back and with Bernard being resigned last year he’s not going anywhere. I’d take Jacob Phillips a three down linebacker over etienne in a heart beat along with jordyn brooks Troy dye (all three down linebackers with mid grade projections) to address this horrible defense. Yes it took Pratt a while to come along but I also think it took our coaching staff too long to realize we need to get Preston brown the hell out of there and get Pratt reps. As soon as that happened Pratt improves week to week. There were many issues on why we went 2-14. And I promise u getting gashed on the ground by damn near every team had a lot to do with it. Linebacker must be addressed. Vigil is a back up at best and on this team he is our best linebacker right now which makes my stomach curl. That’s pathetic if you wanna be competitive.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 January Draft Challenge - psychdoctor - 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - SadFaceBengal15 - 01-08-2020, 09:54 AM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Au165 - 01-08-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - bfine32 - 01-10-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-17-2020, 11:00 AM