Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
(01-10-2020, 01:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: Food for thought, Bobby Hart had a 57 PFF grade this year.  The next 4 OT's off the board after Jonah Williams had an average PFF grade of 58 with a high mark of 63 and a low of 52.  The chances of getting a 2nd round T that can step in and be a quality, let alone good, starter as a rookie are very poor.  You said there were good OL available at 33 last year? Well, that's how good they actually were.

Gio has had a good career, so I definitely don't agree that he wasn't worth the pick.  Ross has been a bust so far, but you were just pimping him for a breakout year a minute ago.

How many 3rds and 4ths have we dumped into LB's the past several years?  Pratt, Jefferson, Vigil, Dawson, Muckleroy.  Seriously, there are not 3 LB's in this class with a 3rd round grade that are going to be quality starters as rookies.  

I like Hodgins, but if anybody thinks he has legit #1 potential as a prospect, he isn't making it to round 4-5. Aside from the elite prospects at the top, WR boards will be all over the place depending on what criteria teams emphasize.  You can't pass on a #1 WR because you're convinced there's one guy you can get on Day 3 that will be a #1 WR and everyone else is totally incompetent, doesn't see it, and won't take him before you do.  If you think Hodgins is a #1, if he's still there in the 3rd you run the pick to the pod and don't look back.

You seem to think that you can just draft for need in priority order and you're going to get 4 opening day starters that are actually going to be good.  That's just not in any way realistic.  

K ross if he stay healthy can be a stud but he can’t stay healthy up to this point so as of now he’s a bust and not worth the pick. i never liked gio in college and although he’s tough as nails he’s never been worth the second round draft selection. He’s a complementary back and even when we drafted him we still needed a running back. Hated that pick. He’s been ok but not worth a second round pick imo. I also think u can find starting linebacker talent in the 3rd and 4th round I just think the bengals are horrible at evaluating talent. Higgins is a beast but I’m taking a beast of an offensive tackle this year over a beast wr in the second round. Also most importantly higgins ain’t making it out the first round. Etienne is a great player but this is not a year to get caught up in only going bpa only for each pick especially for a position that is nowhere a need. I mean we just overpaid on an extension for gio the guy u like so much. We need MUST address the glaring needs on this team before anything and it’s time we go back to investing in the trenches especially when we are also bring in our new franchise QBs. It’s all about ur front 7 on defense and your offensive line. And that’s where we are hurting. We need to bring back Aj green. Scoring points wasn’t why we lost 14 games it’s cuz we couldn’t stop the run and our offensive line couldn’t protect the QB. That needs to be addressed first and foremost. This team won’t do it FA so we need to do it ASAP in the draft. Without higgins it’s not like Burrow won’t have toys to play with. U bring Eifert and Aj back with a healthy John Ross and one of the best number 2 wideouts in Boyd along with arguably the best back in the league with all of sudden a stout offensive line and we are on to something. Then go get hodgins in the 4th and we are looking damn good. That’s my opinion. We will see how it plays out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 January Draft Challenge - psychdoctor - 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - SadFaceBengal15 - 01-10-2020, 03:51 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Au165 - 01-08-2020, 12:00 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - bfine32 - 01-10-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-16-2020, 02:55 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Okeana - 01-17-2020, 11:00 AM