Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 January Draft Challenge
(01-16-2020, 02:55 PM)Okeana Wrote: I'm using my board with fanspeak steve, but I made realistic picks based on the fact I've already spent a good amount of time scouting most of these players and it's my best estimates pre-combine.

I didn't know if trade downs were allowed so I stuck with the standard picks even tho I think this draft can be interesting moving down in the 2nd to get an extra 3rd and the Dalton/Glenn trades could boost our stock even further.

Round 1 - Joe Burrow - LSU - QB

Joey Dimez!

Round 2 - Shane Lemieux - OG - Oregon

This guy will be a late first early 2nd round pick and easily my favorite left guard prospect in the draft. Extremely athletic and great in both passing game and in space.  Picks up assignments well and quick movement allows him to adjust mid-play picking up multiple blocks.  Watch the Auburn game.

Round 3- Chase Claypool - WR - Notre Dame

Big bodied receiver whose best trait is his hands and arms length.  Really stretches out to get balls and enough speed to get in good positions.  I think he pairs really well with what Burrow does and can hit his windows well enough to put himself into a position to reach out and play like a hybrid WR/TE.

Round 4 - Joe Bachie - LB - Michigan State

I dunno what to say I like the kid both at Mike and/or Will and I feel like with his football IQ and enough athletism to play at the next level that he will be a better NFL player than college player.  His coverage skills are reliable enough that he won't be a burden, but he shines in run defense.  

Round 5 - Calvin Throckmorton - OT/G/C Oregon

He's not a superstar at any particular position right now, but he's above average and very versatile.  He's played with Shane for a long time and I like bringing in guys who were part of a successful line in college together just for comfort and learn from each other at the next level.  If we get him in the 5th I would be thrilled and it may be my favorite value pick in this mock.

Round 6 - Isiah Hodgins - Oregon State

Another Tall big-bodied guy with great hands and a great developmental prospect.  Any other year he would be a 2-3 round pick, but because this draft is absolutely loaded with WR he will fall.  If he tests extremely well at the combine he could be a mover however so stay tuned.

Round 7 - Antoine Brooks Jr. - S - Maryland

The guy I know the least about and I need to watch more tape, but I think he comes in as a solid backup and special teams guy which is really what you're looking for in the 7th.
Brooks is exactly what Bengals need for a safety roomer that can help contain TE and running QB.  I like him a lot.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
2020 January Draft Challenge - psychdoctor - 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-11-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Synric - 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM
RE: 2020 January Draft Challenge - Au165 - 01-08-2020, 12:00 PM