Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hill Says "Now Or Never" For The Team
(05-18-2015, 09:53 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Though I completely disagree with the "one more shot" mantra, I will applaud the outspoken nature about wanting this so badly for the entire organization.  I am sick as hell of hearing about it from ESPN, NFL Net, etc. and I don't play of the team.  Stupid pot shots like the one from the guy on the Seahawks notwithstanding, it is time this team got a case of the red ass (sorry, Andy) and came out throwing punches and played with some attitude.  

Executing a game plan is one thing.  Coming out and beating the ever loving shit out of a team like putzburg would show these guys are not playing around.  We will see soon enough.  But stop being nice.  Start being nasty.
I didn't agree with the one more shot thing in the literal sense, either, but I think he just means it more as "we have all the pieces and we're good enough to do it now, so this is our last chance with this specific group."

He's saying that there's no reason not to do it now, which is huge of him as a leader, so there's no excuses.

That's what I think he's ultimately saying: NO EXCUSES. NO "NEXT YEAR'S OUR YEAR" DO IT NOW
(05-18-2015, 10:10 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I feel like this has ALWAYS been our problem. Marvin wants our team to be a group of 'stand up' guys, who are professional. That's all swell and nice off the field, but on the field I want a pack of wild dogs. I want guys running around like Burfict shooting their mouth, instilling fear in the other team. Instead, we let our punter get his jaw broken, put our tails between our legs, and take a beating. Sometimes I think about the verbal lashing I would give our team on the sideline if I was head coach. That is one thing Marvin has never really done, and it is the one thing that I think would actually help put this team over the top. Zimmer always got in the teams face, and that's why the D was so good for so long. Zimmer knows how to get the most out of his players.
I think that that's what Hill is bringing to this team- an attitude, a swagger, and a "let's go run down these ************'s throats- mentality.
(05-19-2015, 01:09 PM)BengalD Wrote: If you're going to talk the talk...................
Hill will walk the walk.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jeremy Hill Says "Now Or Never" For The Team - BFritz21 - 05-19-2015, 01:23 PM