Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer's thoughts on Bengals pick, playing #1 overall QB's
(01-09-2020, 11:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You honestly raise some good points and if we do zilch in free agency again, I at least think we should consider sitting him a year until Mike finally wakes up and realizes his o-line has sucked for 5 years.

That said, it's hard to envision Zac going 2-14 and then giving a redshirt year to the star QB. That said, he probably won't be fired either way, so I guess it doesn't matter. Fans will be pissed and I'd say rightfully so, but Mike has never cared what fans think.

I guess it depends on how much they want to get out of that cheap rookie contract. A smart team would trim fat contracts like Dalton, Glenn, Kirkpatrick and possibly Green. We're not a smart team though. Kinda tough to predict what Mike will do.

My guess is that we do very little in free agency, we cut Dalton out of respect (and lack of a trade market), we "fill all needs" through the draft and start Burrow to drive ticket sales. Green is the situation to watch. I doubt we want to give him a big contract after the injuries, but I could see us slapping a tag on him.

You just know a standard garden variety MB offseason is coming. Like you say standing pat with the bulk of the current roster, They may cut or trade Dalton ? Two weeks into free agency they'll sign Joe Blow, Hobspin will do an article claiming he's gonna return to pro bowl this season. We'll get zero extra draft picks. Take a 2nd round flyer on some "athlete" from outer Uzebikistan who can run fast.

Usual story, and the Bungalazition of JB will begin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Palmer's thoughts on Bengals pick, playing #1 overall QB's - bengalfan74 - 01-10-2020, 03:32 PM