Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Brown officially kills his career
(01-14-2020, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Concussions doesn't automatically = CTE. I judge it more off of sudden behavioral changes. I know everyone wants to hate the knucklehead ex-Steeler, but there's no denying that AB had a sudden and rapid change in behavior.

Looks like classic CTE to me, and if you're paying attention, there's been SO many similar cases in the NFL. Chris Henry. Aaron Hernandez. Junior Seau. That ex-Bengal who walked into court naked. The former lion that bashed his way through a bank door. That former QB who wandered into the Michigan wilderness and died. Titus Young. Dave Duerson.

I love football, but CTE is definitely a real thing, and I think AB looks like a classic case, as much as people just want to hate the ex-Steeler.

True, but you're looking for CTE to be the answer when it doesn't fit at all.  First, that concussion was in the wildcards 2015 and he didn't start acting crazy that next season.  It was only after he signed his new contract the wheels started falling off and he has ex-teammates who have gone on record saying they told this to coaches and other players before he got paid.  I have worked with and know people who have had a traumatic brain injury and it completely changes their personality and its night/day compared to this.  

Symptoms of CTE

Memory loss.
Confusion.
Personality changes (including depression and suicidal thoughts).
Erratic behavior (including aggression).
Problems paying attention and organizing thoughts.
Difficulty with balance and motor skills.

So you're taking one symptom of CTE and applying it to a situation to justify behavior.  I'm sorry, but he's not a victim rather a guy who finds validation through financial wealth and popularity.  He belittles people, consistently says racist comments, sexually assaults women and does it all with his friends cheering on in the background.  This story will end badly and not just for him 

"I feel like money makes you more of who you already are" - Warren Buffet

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Antonio Brown officially kills his career - Okeana - 01-14-2020, 04:06 PM