Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing'
(01-25-2020, 11:04 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: I can't prove it but I would wager that he was butt hurt that they didn't re-sign him during the offseason. If that's the case then he wants out. Tagging him will not heal his posterior. Let him walk if he isn't willing to sign at least a two year contract that gives the team an out if he can't play up to his 18 mil contract or stay healthy in 2021. Going into the same situation next year shouldn't be an option.

The Bengals should let him test the market and not tag him.  If he's really as much of a bench-sitting check-casher as he appears then he should walk back to Cincy with his mouth full of humble pie and take a team-friendly deal.  Then again, AJ could find some team with a desperate GM who would give him a long-term deal like he wants and end up making more money in the long run.

I can see how being tagged would frustrate a player because it keeps him from seeking other options and looking at multiple offers.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing' - Nately120 - 01-25-2020, 01:10 PM