Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing'
(01-25-2020, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Bengals should let him test the market and not tag him.  If he's really as much of a bench-sitting check-casher as he appears then he should walk back to Cincy with his mouth full of humble pie and take a team-friendly deal.  Then again, AJ could find some team with a desperate GM who would give him a long-term deal like he wants and end up making more money in the long run.

I can see how being tagged would frustrate a player because it keeps him from seeking other options and looking at multiple offers.  

I agree with this.  They shouldn't just hand him 15 plus per.  Hell, I don't even want to give him the 18 for 1 with the franchise.  AJ is an all time great, but if he's not willing to be realistic about his recent health/current age and how it impacts his value, then he should be given the opportunity to learn what it is the only way he can.  

I fear that this front office will pay him a big contract over multiple years.  They'll want to do it before he gets chance to test FA, and they'll trot the deal out as the centerpiece of the free agency period.  It's perfect for them.  Dump the cash onto AJ like the lazy asses they are, then do nothing to get better before the draft.  The numbers will be big and they can lean on it to show that they "did something".  Between this and the sucking bad enough to get Burrow, they get to be their usual assbag worthless selves for another offseason, then act super-surprised when they don't get 6 wins next season.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing' - samhain - 01-25-2020, 03:08 PM