Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing'
(01-26-2020, 02:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: AJ has been an awesome player and awesome guy his whole career in Cincinnati. No reason to hate on him, just give him a multi year deal loaded with incentives. If he stays healthy and meets them, he gets paid. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Win Win.....

The ONLY point of getting a long term deal is getting more GUARANTEED money than the $18 million under the franchise tag.  No way in hell Green signs any long term deal with less than $18 million guaranteed.

I like green, but I just don't want to pay him $18 million.  I don't think he will ever return to his old form.  He will be 32 by the start of this season and numbers show that is when WRs tend to drop off dramatically.  So I can't imagine giving a lot of money on a long term deal to a 32 year old WR who has not played in a year and a half.  To me his inability to recover normally from this last ankle injury is more worrisome than getting a new injury.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ - 'franchise tag is not the best thing' - fredtoast - 01-27-2020, 12:31 PM