Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would a trade truly signify?
For as long as I remember the Bengals have been one of the simplest franchises in all of sports. Not one offseason has Mike Brown went all out to truly make this team better. A draft day trade I believe would truly signify a change is coming. Past drafts we hardly ever traded picks. We pretty much just settled with what was there. Miami absolutely wants Joe Burrow and has stock piled draft picks. They're willing to overpay for the #1. Bengals have also worked all week with Justin Herbert and maybe they love what they see in him. Burrow might be the Best QB of all time or could end of being just another average QB in the NFL. No Im not saying Im against Joe Burrow and would love him in Cincinnati, but I also want to see something with this front office that tells me something to give me hope for the future.
Reply/Quote
Stop it. We aren't trading the pick man.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:25 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: For as long as I remember the Bengals have been one of the simplest franchises in all of sports.  Not one offseason has Mike Brown went all out to truly make this team better.  A draft day trade I believe would truly signify a change is coming.  Past drafts we hardly ever traded picks.  We pretty much just settled with what was there.  Miami absolutely wants Joe Burrow and has stock piled draft picks.  They're willing to overpay for the #1.  Bengals have also worked all week with Justin Herbert and maybe they love what they see in him.  Burrow might be the Best QB of all time or could end of being just another average QB in the NFL.  No Im not saying Im against Joe Burrow and would love him in Cincinnati, but I also want to see something with this front office that tells me something to give me hope for the future.

Ummm, you do realize you never answered the question you posed in the thread title, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
First reaction:

[Image: giphy.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The only way you trade the pick is if it's a great deal if not then don't trade the pick. They should not do something to " prove it to the fans".
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Trading the number one pick would only further solidify why this is the worst front office in all of professional sports. It'll be easier to fill in the team having your QB on a rookie deal than filling out the rest of the team and then trying to find your QB.

Joe Burrow is the best QB in this class hands down. Tua is the John Ross of QBs and Herbert has a big arm but that's it. Hurts could potentially be a poor man's Lamar Jackson, but this team hasn't ever really shown the willingness or ability to run their offense to their QBs strengths. It's a system and the QB is forced into it.

Burrow may very well not be the franchise saving QB we're all hoping for, but I would think if that were to happen that more of the blame would fall on the ownership and coaching than on the player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:37 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Trading the number one pick would only further solidify why this is the worst front office in all of professional sports. It'll be easier to fill in the team having your QB on a rookie deal than filling out the rest of the team and then trying to find your QB.

Joe Burrow is the best QB in this class hands down. Tua is the John Ross of QBs and Herbert has a big arm but that's it. Hurts could potentially be a poor man's Lamar Jackson, but this team hasn't ever really shown the willingness or ability to run their offense to their QBs strengths. It's a system and the QB is forced into it.

Burrow may very well not be the franchise saving QB we're all hoping for, but I would think if that were to happen that more of the blame would fall on the ownership and coaching than on the player.

Burrow would bring back fans on his own, trading the pick won't, don't care what they do after.

I know I wouldn't be excited for the future. As I said in another thread, we need a QB that plays his best in big games against 
the best competition and has great pocket awareness, can run and doesn't panic. That is Joe Burrow. Herbert is the opposite.
Reply/Quote
I think if Mike goes senile and is active to get guys to fill holes and help Burrow the pick is in. If he doesn't use free agency and you get 3 firsts from miami you do it. Without free agency all our eggs are in the draft and we need picks and top 100 picks not 7th rounders. I hope he fills holes with free agents and we get Burrow but if not I want the picks.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 08:04 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I think if Mike goes senile and is active to get guys to fill holes and help Burrow the pick is in. If he doesn't use free agency and you get 3 firsts from miami you do it. Without free agency all our eggs are in the draft and we need picks and top 100 picks not 7th rounders. I hope he fills holes with free agents and we get Burrow but if not I want the picks.

X2  Crappy FA's again, then picks. If quality FA's, then Burrow, otherwise we're just spinning in circles and going to waste another quality QB.
Reply/Quote
Literally the dumbest thing the franchise could do aside from Mike Brown writing a check for the total amount of cap space they have, is trading out of the first round pick and not taking Burrow.

Literally the dumbest thing.
Reply/Quote
Good Post
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:31 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Literally the dumbest thing the franchise could do aside from Mike Brown writing a check for the total amount of cap space they have, is trading out of the first round pick and not taking Burrow.

Literally the dumbest thing.

Yeah, are these guys that are wanting these picks really trusting Mike Brown and company over Joe Burrow after the season he just had? This is what I am hearing from these lunatics. Sorry, if they trade out of this pick after what I have and others have seen of Joe Burrow last season I will about had enough. Psycho to think more picks and another QB that is either injured or doesn't play good in big games or when plays break down is better than the guy that plays his best against the best competition, has great pocket awareness, is the second most accurate passer in college of all time, doesn't panic and doesn't throw interceptions.

Where is Psych around here to evaluate some of these strange crazy birds around here?
Reply/Quote
Well, they could trade the first pick for Ducky to Pittsburgh.. I know you'd all be happy with that scenario.. ThumbsUp

DUCK! Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Purely hypothetical:

If the Dolphins were willing to trade their 3 first rounders & 2 second rounders this year and their 2 first rounders next year, would you make that deal?
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals trade the pick, then I think we'll continue to see an empty stadium.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
That they’ve lost their minds.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 09:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, are these guys that are wanting these picks really trusting Mike Brown and company over Joe Burrow after the season he just had? This is what I am hearing from these lunatics. Sorry, if they trade out of this pick after what I have and others have seen of Joe Burrow last season I will about had enough. Psycho to think more picks and another QB that is either injured or doesn't play good in big games or when plays break down is better than the guy that plays his best against the best competition, has great pocket awareness, is the second most accurate passer in college of all time, doesn't panic and doesn't throw interceptions.

Where is Psych around here to evaluate some of these strange crazy birds around here?
1.) We're not a bad drafting team. Yeah we have had misses( particularly on the offensive line) but for the most part were a good drafting team.
2.) The only way a trade makes sense is if it is a huge ass trade I'm talking Hershel Walker Esq type shit but better for us. So we would be looking at between 6-10 valued draft picks /young player capital.  Its highly unlikely and would be unpresented in the history of the NFL  but it wouldn't be a dumbass thing to do.
3.) We don't use free agency and probably never will. So having more draft picks would help out a ton.  What's more insane hoping one guy can turn it around and at the same time hope that he can  convince the front office to use free agency?Or the Bengals hit on multiple picks?

(01-24-2020, 01:25 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the Bengals trade the pick, then I think we'll continue to see an empty stadium.

The only thing that will fill up the stadium is a consistent winner.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:25 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: For as long as I remember the Bengals have been one of the simplest franchises in all of sports.  Not one offseason has Mike Brown went all out to truly make this team better.  A draft day trade I believe would truly signify a change is coming.  Past drafts we hardly ever traded picks.  We pretty much just settled with what was there.  Miami absolutely wants Joe Burrow and has stock piled draft picks.  They're willing to overpay for the #1.  Bengals have also worked all week with Justin Herbert and maybe they love what they see in him.  Burrow might be the Best QB of all time or could end of being just another average QB in the NFL.  No Im not saying Im against Joe Burrow and would love him in Cincinnati, but I also want to see something with this front office that tells me something to give me hope for the future.

WhoDey2 Instead of trading away a once in generational QB. You'll be able to tell if a change is coming by what the Bengals do in the Free Agency period...  
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
If you're suggesting that we trade away the Burrow pick you obviously have been living under a rock for the past few weeks or just simple hate Joe Burrow for some dumb reason. The city and all of Bengaldom have fully embraced this dude already, and pending some dumb move by the front office Joe Burrow will be a Bengal.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 01:25 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If the Bengals trade the pick, then I think we'll continue to see an empty stadium.

Yep, if they don't take Burrow #1 we'll see the biggest exodus of Bengal fans ever.

(01-24-2020, 01:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That they’ve lost their minds.

No doubt
Reply/Quote