Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger
(10-02-2015, 12:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd like to see his missed tackles and stops in comparison to other MLBs around the league. It is sort of silly to compare him to guys that don't even play his position, it would be difficult to assess how good he is at MLB compared to how good another player is at SLB for example. Different roles, not really fair to compare.

If someone could post his MTs and stops compared to other MLBs, then I could make the decision whether the stats say if he's mediocre or not. Until then, I'll go with what my eyes have told me and they're saying that he has played well at times, but has seemingly missed a lot of tackles so far this year (more so than his peers around the league in comparison to snap counts). I'd like to see if the stats back that up though, because I could be wrong.

What Rey brings to the table is more than tackles.
So I will agree with one poster on this but not his reasoning.

When Rey isn't in there, teams can gash us. (Look at the run D when he is out the last 2 years) 
When he is in there, teams try to run away from him or at the very least get him moving laterally. (which is why he should have stayed at SLB)

Fun fact: They lined Rey at NT on the goal line. It worked. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger - RoyleRedlegs - 10-02-2015, 01:56 PM