Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger
(10-02-2015, 12:58 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'd like to see his missed tackles and stops in comparison to other MLBs around the league. It is sort of silly to compare him to guys that don't even play his position, it would be difficult to assess how good he is at MLB compared to how good another player is at SLB for example. Different roles, not really fair to compare.

If someone could post his MTs and stops compared to other MLBs, then I could make the decision whether the stats say if he's mediocre or not. Until then, I'll go with what my eyes have told me and they're saying that he has played well at times, but has seemingly missed a lot of tackles so far this year (more so than his peers around the league in comparison to snap counts). I'd like to see if the stats back that up though, because I could be wrong.

well some stats is better than no stats when it comes to linebackers... bottom line he is not near the middle or bottom in tackles for linebackers after three games.. that does give some comparison.. I don't know all inside linebackers in the league outside of the elite .. so until i get some stats from someone that has a nice comparison of inside linebackers.. i will use mine plus what i see on the field.  Rey is a run stopper that is what is most needed from him.. he is off the field in most passing downs like many other middle linebackers.. his angles are not perfect for sure but over the first three games I thought he played pretty well and that is what the poster was referring too when he called him mediocre at best.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger - Anderson HOF - 10-02-2015, 02:08 PM