Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger
With the tackling issues we're seeing in our linebacking corps, it makes me wonder what the deal is with Dawson.  As much as I want Burfict to return ASAP, my expectations are tempered even if he does.  We could see a Geno 2014-like shell of his former self type of performance until he gets his confidence/football strength back.

All the descriptions of Dawson suggest a sure-tackling, smart, instinctive LB that fills gaps and is always around the ball.  His performance in preseason did nothing to dispel those descriptions.  Sounds like just what the doctor ordered for this defense.  If the guy is as advertised, then what are they waiting for?  

Is the guy such an absolute dud in practice that the staff can't play him in good conscience?  I can't imagine.  Is he just not that good?  Was his preseason performance simply inflated because he played against 2s and 3s?  It's baffling to me.  

Even is you don't want to start the guy, he should be seeing some time.  I mean, Christ, have you seen Lamur try to tackle people?  The guy sucks. He slides off of ball carriers.  I realize he's valued for his coverage skills, but dawson is allegedly a good cover LB as well.  

Only thing I can think of is that the team views PJ as a WLB and wants to leave the spot open for Burfict instead of giving it to a rookie.  Maybe they're deciding where to play the guy if Vontaze does come back and play effectively.  No idea.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Return of Burfict looking bigger and bigger - samhain - 10-03-2015, 05:32 PM