Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment
(02-11-2020, 08:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: What the hell are you doin fishing in potholes on I-75 in Cincinnati for anyway? That was some good shit you were smokin back then. 

[Image: screen-shot-2015-07-23-at-4-19-13-pm.png?ssl=1]

Fishing in potholes? Uhmmm...No.. That happened back when Ohio still had temperatures that stayed below zero for more than a few hours at a time.. I don't remember the exact year (late 70s, maybe early 80s), but there was about 10 feet of ice and snow plowed on the side of the road off I-75. Trust me..I wasn't fishing. That night was really bad. I was stuck off an offramp near some industrial area with nowhere to go. I was too high off the road for traffic to see me, below zero and finally plopped down on my backback and fell asleep. I wouldn't be alive today if a stranger hadn't seen me, stopped and carried me down off the ice and snow to his truck and saved my life. I didn't even wake up until we were already in the truck and heading north. I have never been so cold in my entire life as that night and to this day I'm still extremely weary of cold weather and probably the number one reason the bengals couldn't pay me enough money to sit in a stadium in freezing weather to sit and watch a game of any kind. Also a damned good reason to not hitch hike in the dead of winter.. I must have thought I was completely invincible back in those days. I once hitch hiked to Montana in the winter though a blizzard.. Of course that was before cell phones and instant weather updates.. Back then the weather update was TV news at 11 and newspapers.. Sad
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment - grampahol - 02-12-2020, 04:23 AM