Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment
(02-12-2020, 12:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals have access to an indoor facility, so I don't really see it as a big issue.

This is kinda a bs idea that too many people have bought into. I'm not trying to be rude, let me explain and further clarify.

They rarely use UC's facility. Fwiw, and you can believe this if you want, I'm pretty well connected to the school. My buddy's brother in law is pretty high up in the athletic department and he's confirmed a lot of this. Not too mention I'm an alumn, a (small) donor/booster, and spend a ton of time down there as a season ticket holder in bball and fb.

1.) The Bengals are lucky to go down there 3x a year. I don't think there were there at all last year.
2.) My buddy in the AD, the last time I brought it up, estimated theyve used less than 15 times total.
3.) UC will NOT EVER kick out one of their teams to make room for the Bengals. The football team, both soccer teams, the baseball team, and the track team all use that facility.
4.) The Bengals don't book days at a time or well in advance. It's a last minute emergency type situation.
5.) The Bengals do not store equipment there. They are left scrambling when forced to relocate.

So yeah, they can and do use it sometimes, but it's extremely rare. They don't head there when it's 95 degrees for example. They don't head over there when a thunderstorm comes through. They don't over there just cuz it's cold. They only go when a bunch of snow has already fallen, and only if it's not in use.

I'm really not trying to single you out here. But this idea that can and do use UC's facility whenever they want and they do it often is completely false.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment - Wes Mantooth - 02-12-2020, 12:47 PM