Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment
(02-12-2020, 03:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: 1.) I'm well aware of that. I've made my position pretty clear on that thought process. I think it's outdated and stupid. So do the other NFL teams, all major college programs, and even hundreds of high schools.

2.) You do know division games account for only 38% of our games, right? We have 10 games (62%) outside of the division. And those other 3 division oppenents, with outdoor stadiums, all have indoor facilities. 

Practicing outside when the wind chill is 10 degrees, and AJ Green is complaining of his toes being numb, and Andy Dalton is sick, before a road playoff game in Houston's dome, isn't helping you better prepare for your enviornment.

Do you honestly believe all of these teams build these facilities for nothing other than to waste millions of dollars?  Do you think we're tougher than Pit, Bal, Green Bay, Chicago because we're better prepared for the elements?

What about rain and storms? When a storm rolls in, and we have to stop practice and go inside, does that help us "better prepare"?

This logic is pure nonsense. It belongs stuffed in a closet full of moth balls, surrounded by a black and white TV, Worther's Originals, and cans of lead paint.

I understand and agree with your stance.
Regarding the elements, I'd actually prefer the Bengals just go straight to an indoor stadium. That way they don't need to worry about an indoor practice facility and their fans can enjoy the game without worrying about temperature or precipitation  ThumbsUp
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment - ochocincos - 02-12-2020, 04:40 PM