Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment
(02-11-2020, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not near as big of an issue as you keep claiming it to be.

I have never once heard it mentioned by any free agent or Bengal player that we fail to re-sign.

Whitworth once complained about it, saying "it was hard to get timing down and practice plays while you can't get traction in slippery conditions". I've listed the link to that countless times in these discussions in the past, but it's getting harder to find the old link. Multiple players voiced relief at practicing indoors at UC, and said the cold and weather conditions made it difficult to install a game plan.

Multiple players (including Dalton) came down with the flu after practing all week in the cold, before the first Texans playoff game...which was played with the roof up.

Palmer gushed about the Cardinals facilities when he got there, which seemed to be a subtle shot towards the Bengals.

Players aren't typically taking shots at former employers though. I can only think of two players (Housh and JJo) that have mentioned the Bengals locking up their Gatorade and deodorant, but I'm sure those are things that many players took notice of without breaking out the megaphone to inform the public.

Honestly, regardless on our thoughts on how important this is, it's silly that we're still having to discuss this in 2020. The Bengals said 9 years ago on their home site that a facility was "imminent", and still nothing. That page has since been scrubbed from Bengals.com, but here's another link that references it: http://www.bengalsgab.com/2011/04/22/bengals-exploring-indoor-practice-facility%E2%80%A6finally/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Not Having a Practice Facility is an Absolute Embarrassment - Shake n Blake - 02-12-2020, 05:55 PM