Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are your 2020 Reds Breakout player, Comeback player and Top 2 Newcomers?
Glad you cleared that up. It were a tad confusing without the clear uppedness there.. ThumbsUp
Looking at this proposed lineup,
1. Shogo

2. Senzel
3. Suarez
4. Castellanos
5. Votto
6. Moustakas
7. Galvis
8. Barnhardt 
Looks good on the face of it, but I have a feeling the "braintrust" will keep Votto hitting in the 2 hole. I think, though not certain we'll see on opening day..
1. Akiyama
2. Votto
3. Castellanos
4. Suarez
5. Moustakas
6. Winker (LF)
7. Galvis
8. Barnhardt
This of course assumes Suarez is ready on day one. While he's a darn good power hitter he's not all that in OBP and lead the major leagues in strikeouts last year.. I think it's a mistake to have him hitting 1, 2 or 3. I'd much rather see him hitting CU. Having a guy who can hit 40-50 HRs makes sense to hit CU unless he also hits with a .300ish BA. That's my thinking anyway. I'm not wild about Castellanos playing RF. He just doesn't have the defensive chops..I'd rather see him in LF, but the braintrust may see things differently. I put zero stock in Bell telling us how much pride he takes in his defense. That's just Bell rattling on to hear his own head rattle.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who are your 2020 Reds Breakout player, Comeback player and Top 2 Newcomers? - grampahol - 02-16-2020, 03:12 PM