Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Consider This - S.B. winners
(02-12-2020, 08:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That would be so....bad if we took Herbert or whoever and we won some 1pm games on Sunday and choked in the playoffs while Burrow went on to several deep playoff runs, 3 Super Bowls, several MVP's etc.

If Burrow goes to a franchise that has its act together I'm almost certain he'd make us look like even bigger morons than we already do.  Doesn't mean he'd drag MB to the SB, but you know what I mean.

(02-12-2020, 10:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep

I've never understood the whole argument about #1's. I have no desire to research this but how many QB's have been taken at #1 all time ? #2. #27, 2nd round #38 and so on ?

If someone did and the most SB wins were QB's after say 2nd round pick #35 how many teams are gonna start waiting until then to take a QB ?

Well, when I look at this list (and in all fairness, Aikman won 3 SBs and 2 were before this supplied list started) I see that getting the 1st QB off the board matters less than the competency of the organization as a whole.  Basically, a good NFL franchise is more likely to win the SB with the 2nd or later QB in a given draft class than a lousy organization is to win with the cream of the crop.

Only twice in the past 25 years has a team won a SB by drafting the first QB taken off the board.  This should, one would think, send a message to Mike Brown that his third time getting the top QB in the draft to build around should be handled in a different way, but alas I doubt he will get the message or even care if he does.  

So there you have it.  Hey Mike Brown, you have the chance to get the best QB in a long time and history has shown that you're much more likely to win if you run the franchise in the right way so why not hedge your bets and combine Burrow with a winning organizational approach?  Why not, indeed.

I just don't want to see Burrow lumped in with all the other 1st QBs taken who apparently didn't know how to win once they were magically taken by the lousy teams drafting 1st overall.  Funny how the 2nd and later QBs off the board don't become losers once they get drafted, you think someone would look for the real underlying issue here, eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Consider This - S.B. winners - bengalfan74 - 02-12-2020, 03:57 PM
RE: Consider This - S.B. winners - spazz70 - 02-12-2020, 07:20 PM
RE: Consider This - S.B. winners - Nately120 - 02-13-2020, 11:28 AM
RE: Consider This - S.B. winners - J24 - 02-12-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: Consider This - S.B. winners - jason - 02-13-2020, 11:27 PM
RE: Consider This - S.B. winners - PhilHos - 02-13-2020, 03:04 PM
RE: Consider This - S.B. winners - jason - 02-13-2020, 11:21 PM