Poll: Do you want the Bengals to accept this Trade?
No
Yes I'm high on crack
I just peed myself from laughing at that trade.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers hypothetical trade
(02-18-2020, 07:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: His team finished 5-11, he can't "save the world" all by himself.  Football is a team sport, it takes 10 others on the field at the same time, working together, in order to win.

So, what if McCaffrey did come here, with our crappy OL, and no QB worth speaking of?  History shows that most RBs that have mega years like that, either experience a drop or an injury the following year, anyway.  And, if he does stay healthy and productive, are the Bengals going to award him that $20M/per deal that he's worth?  I think not..

Actually, he kinda did "save the world" all by himself -- he WAS Carolina's entire offense, accounting for 19 of their 38 TDs and 40% of their total yards.  He was 170 yards shy of being their leading receiver as well as their leading rusher.  All with an OL almost as bad as ours (Trai Turner and a bunch of scrubs) and QBs (and WRs) far worse than ours (Kyle Allen?  Will Grier?).  Not to mention the fact that they fired their head coach Rivera after 12 games and essentially tanked the last 4.  

Let's say you make this trade.  Franchise AJ.  Use 1-7 on Simmons and 2-1 on the best O-lineman.  Trade Mixon for a 2nd (BTW, saying we have Mixon, we don't need McCaffrey is like saying we have Dalton, we don't need Brady ...), trade Dalton for whatever you can get; use those picks and the rest of the draft to upgrade the D.  If Cam is healthy and our coaching is semi-competent, we're competing for the playoffs next year.

And if we're talking history ... history has shown that approximately half of the 1OA draft picks make the pro bowl, and only 12/84 are HOFers.  McCaffrey is already a pro-bowler (and all pro), and is on track for the HOF.

The only concerns with McCaffrey (as opposed to any other NFL player) is (a) low shelf life for RBs (maybe 5-7 more years at best?) and (b) he's only under contract through 2020, with a team option for 2021.  After that, he'll want Zeke money, at the very least ($15 mil/yr).  But Mikey B will pay to keep his own ... So yeah, if Carolina is dumb enough to do this deal (and let's not kid ourselves -- they're not...), I'd be all over it.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Panthers hypothetical trade - J24 - 02-13-2020, 12:40 PM
RE: Panthers hypothetical trade - CJD - 02-13-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: Panthers hypothetical trade - PhilHos - 02-19-2020, 12:46 PM
RE: Panthers hypothetical trade - shanebo - 02-18-2020, 06:19 PM
RE: Panthers hypothetical trade - shanebo - 02-19-2020, 12:36 PM
RE: Panthers hypothetical trade - Nati#1 - 02-18-2020, 07:18 PM