Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future)
(02-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Given that AJ will definitely be tagged, but outside of that the future is uncertain, do you think it is conceivable that we roll with AJ and our guys this year, plus a draft pick (a Shenault/Jefferson/Golden-Gandy/Pittman/etc.), then go for JaMarr Chase next year?

It becomes a Burrow/Lawrence thing like this year (no guarantee you'll suck enough/be good enough to land in the spot to draft him), but I can't help but think Burrow may have a little pull in terms of who he wants to throw to (especially if they aren't able to get Jefferson).

The class this year is incredibly full of talent, so doing what is suggested above may be a stupid idea, but is it conceivable?

IDK.  I tend to believe that they're going defense in the second as they are indicating through Hobson.  I would actually prefer your idea to his.  The receivers on the roster with speed and ability to separate (AJ and Ross) just aren't available very often.  I just don't feel awesome about going into another season leaning on them to be big contributors, only to see them miss 10 or 12 games.

I'm hoping they at least get a WR in the 3rd or 4th, maybe a guy like Hodgins, to add depth and hedge against injury.  I also like Lynn Bowden (UK homer), but I'm not sure where he fits.  He's not exactly in the mold of a Green/Ross in terms of speed.

I think they build the D this year and add on offense next.  Ideally, I'd like to add offense now and get defensive help in FA, but that's not how they tend to operate here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is This Conceivable? (WR for the future) - samhain - 02-15-2020, 03:39 PM