Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here...
(02-23-2020, 02:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with you a lot Racer but I'm not so sure either of these two will pull a 3rd rounder ? Glenn maybe but his antics on his past two teams I'm sure have put a dent in his value.

Dre, umm I just don't know ? He hasn't played a full season in 3 years. How many games was he in last season 4 or 5 ? He has like 1 interception in last three years. His PFF rating has been in low 60's and we all know his open field tackling leaves a lot to be desired !

If they get offered a 3rd I'd jump all over it.

There are a number of things that could happen to Dre:

-He gets released:  Probably least likely as depth would be paper thin and he was a first round draft pick

-He gets traded:  Possibly a team that has a real need at CB...Maybe a team that has an injury early on in OTAs?  He could end up traded for a pick in 2021 in that case.  He could be a player for player trade, but that would be rare.

-He stays and is asked to renegotiate a contract.  His agent may not like this one, but with a much less expensive Kendall Fuller coming off a solid season at CB, I think he might find his options elsewhere limited.  

Glenn is a much more valuable commodity as a starting LT.  I have no idea what the rest of the league would see as his value, but I keep coming back to the fact that you rarely get a starting caliber LT or CB in the 3rd round of the draft....that is, a day 1 starter.  

Even if they simply end up cut, their salaries combined could pay for contracts for guys like Thuney and Fuller.  I would much rather have those two.  Both are younger and are simply better players.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here... - SHRacerX - 02-24-2020, 09:14 AM