Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here...
(02-22-2020, 03:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: A lot of teams have started clearing cap space ahead of free agency. I seem to see a new list of guys cut everyday.

These two are still here. The questions I have for you all is, do they get cut prior to the start of free agency? Do they get cut at all? If so, when? Do you keep one over the other, do you keep both?

Basically, I am asking what are your thoughts on these two, and what do you think actually happens?

My thoughts? Keeping Glenn would almost be unforgiveable. I won't go into a lot of the reasons, as they've been discussed ad nauseam. But simply put, this guy has no business playing here next year.

And Dre? He's a clear choice for a cap casualty as I've ever seen. The guy hasn't played a full season in 5 years. Has never started 16 games. The last year (2017) he even played enough to qualify for a PFF rank he ranked #92. He's been overpaid, he's injury prone, he's aging, he has no long term future here and he can be cut without much dead money. Translation = See ya later!

Here's the tale of the tape on these two:

Cordy Glenn

Age - 30
Cap Savings - 9.5 mil
Dead Money - 0
Notes - Faked injury, almost fought coach, screamed at Taylor, screamed "just trade me", missed 10 games, never played a full season here, kinda sucks...

Dre Kirkpatrick

Age - 30
Cap Savings - 9.85 mil
Dead Money - 1.4 mil
Notes - See above...makes almost double what he should, injury prone, 1 INT in last 3 years, not good, huge douchebag...

So what do you think JN? Any chance we add this 19.35 mil to our FA budget and cut bait early? I really hope so, but I can't understand why it hasn't already happened. I'm getting nervous we hold on to both for awhile, to avoid spending in FA. I sure hope I'm wrong!!!!

Would you or I think they should (have) cut/traded them before FA so they can have more room to get other FAs? Probably.

The Bengals are more likely to hold on to these guys until they see how the draft plays out. They'll only get rid of these guys if they feel they have adequate replacements.
Given the state of the OL and CBs, I don't think you can say they have adequate replacements in house.
Before you say, "Uh Darqueze Dennard hello?" Dennard is not technically a Bengal so he'd need to be re-signed before ever considering to move DK.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordy Glenn + Dre Kirkpatrick - Still Here... - ochocincos - 02-24-2020, 03:02 PM