Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is D Tobin still with the Bengals?
Just a reminder that the Bengals snagged Drew Sample rather than draft DK Metcalf (or Elgin Jenkins or Erik McCoy).

Imagine the Bengals with Metcalf or a solid IOL, like those mentioned above. How much easier would this upcoming draft be!

I know Tobin had some good drafts in the past but the last five or so have been terrible.

Is it just me or is he terrible at heading up the accounting department?
Reply/Quote
Seems like we just had a recent discussion about Duke Tobin?

Anyway, who says that he has the only and final say on picks? I mean coaches might get to make selections, the family might override and insert picks they want to see. We really have no definitive way of knowing for certain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 09:55 AM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Just a reminder that the Bengals snagged Drew Sample rather than draft DK Metcalf (or Elgin Jenkins or Erik McCoy).

Imagine the Bengals with Metcalf or a solid IOL, like those mentioned above. How much easier would this upcoming draft be!

I know Tobin had some good drafts in the past but the last five or so have been terrible.

Is it just me or is he terrible at heading up the accounting department?

You don't know who's pulling the strings.  Sample was clearly a Taylor pick IMO.  If Taylor had significant say in last years picks, so that he could get players for his system, then they either need more time to develop or Taylor has shown he didn't deserve the trust.  

Thus with all the change in coaching and schemes I think one has to be careful to pin all the blame on Tobin.  He's the guy with the job title, but who's really in charge?  Who knows with the Bengals?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He is a dumbbutt+ Mike's a dumbbutt= match made in heaven
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Because loyalty and personal relationships are more important to Mike Brown than winning.
Reply/Quote