Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Training good bad and ugly
Back to Garcia.. I hope getting excited about an up and coming SS for the Reds is a harbinger of good things to come. The last SS they had I felt any excitement over was Cozart and that didn't last long and didn't rise to the level of Larkin excitement. The Reds are overdue to land a superstar SS under team control for awhile. In an ideal world he takes AA or AAA by storm, comes up to the bigs sooner than later making everyone say, "Fransisco Who?". How cool would it be to have a great fielding SS who hits over .300 with plenty of power to boot under team control more than a single season?  I dunno..maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse, but the last thing I want to see is a budding superstar SS blocked by a middling SS and see his best years squandered in the minor leagues only to elect free agency before he gets to be OUR superstar.. That would suck with a capital S...and by the way..I'm kind of feeling the same towards Stephenson behind the plate. I can't help myself. I'm always going to hope for the greatest players of a generation or two with the Reds. I think I inherited the Reds homerism gene from my grandfather. ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spring Training good bad and ugly - grampahol - 03-01-2020, 12:54 PM