Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-17-2020, 10:04 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Dalton and AJ to the Patriots.

Thurney and a 2nd rounder to the Bengals.

- - - - - - - - - -

Matter of time.

Most people would instantly shoot this down, but it actually makes a ton of sense.  You could release Miller and apply his dollars to Thuney.  The trade would have to be contingent on Thuney signing a new deal (not sure how that works if the pats would have to draw it up then trade him, but he has been franchised).  

LG solved for at least 6 years.  

The Pats don't have a 2nd rounder (right now) so maybe they give us their first for our 3rd in this scenario...or thier first for our 3rd and our 6th, maybe?  Whatever points equals out to a strong 2nd rounder.  The Bengals could use that pick on one of the stud WRs and then go after the safety or LB (whichever is rated higher) in Rd 2.  Man, can you imagine having two first rounders and three picks in the top 33?  

Financially, it works.  As much as I don't think the Bengals will part with Green....if you look at him objectively, he has been injured a lot.  He is 32 when the season starts.  He also has not been a dominant WR for several years.  

It is essentially Thuney for Green and a 2nd rounder for Dalton.  It is fair.  They need the WR, and we need the LG.  I like the idea.  I don' think the Bengals would do it...the pats might.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - SHRacerX - 03-17-2020, 11:03 AM