Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-18-2020, 12:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mike Brown was stubborn with Palmer and the gamble paid off big time.

I think there is a chance they gamble again with Dalton hoping to get a lot more for him before the trading deadline when another team loses its starter to injury.

Not saying it would be the best move, but there is a chance.

Well, that would not be out of character for Mike.  But they even went public saying they would trade him and even further said it wouldn't be to anywhere he didn't want to go.  In a battle of Mike's well known stubbornness and his well known sentimental side, it would be interesting to see which side wins. Also, the difference between the Palmer and Dalton situations is that Dalton never basically told Mike to eat shit.

And then there is also the significant factor of a trade requiring another team interested.  That may or may not exist.

Now, I do think, even if they forced him to stay that he would not cause problems and would always be a team guy.  Like I said, not a good year to have a QB you want to trade.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - McC - 03-18-2020, 12:23 PM