Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-20-2020, 12:24 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: Not one for "conspiracy theories" but Thuney is the first player to sign his tender this year. Possibly a sign and trade scenario. Add in the Bengals being more active this offseason, the Bears giving a 4th rounder in a trade for Foles (a price most of us would be happy to get for Dalton) and maybe, just maybe, I had enough bourbon tonight to believe it could happen

I like your Bourbon thoughts Jojo.  Smirk

(03-20-2020, 12:41 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Oh i totally agree. The pats offense needs weapons desperately. But have you watched that offense evolve over the years? A more traditional offense when they won their first super bowls, then they try to add moss, then built around the slot receiver welker. Then they switch it up and go to 2 tight end sets with gronk and hernandez, then lately what they did with edelman, amendola and gronk.

Their system will evolve. They need more weapons. With all the weapons available in the draft i bet bill has a creative way to evolve again this year.

I just dont think an aging mobile qb with injury issues is the way forward.
Most coaches shy away from that approach bc the success can’t be sustained as long due to injury risk.

I hope the pats suck this year but i wouldnt bet against them. If they do tank this year they’ll come back better then ever.

I do think bill learned from getting beat by mobile qbs. I bet he’ll adjust his defense. But i dont think he’d reshape his offense with an old and injured mobile qb. It would have to be a young one if he wanted to give it a shot. But again, odds are it wouldnt last long due to injury.

Feel the same, think Dalton is much more likely than Newton for the Pats Offense.

Hoping Gamma Ray's prediction comes true and we can trade Dalton for Thuney while swapping picks.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-20-2020, 01:36 PM