Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton
(03-22-2020, 06:37 PM)McC Wrote: I'm not really bothered by the whole Dalton thing at all.  I don't buy the whole doing wrong by Dalton thing a bit.  He kept his job unchallenged for years no matter how badly he played.  He got a second deal that maybe wasn't top of the league but was still pretty damn good.  People have been clamoring to draft his replacement for a few years and it didn't happen. 

Yeah, they sat him on his birthday to see what they had in Finley during an utterly lost season.  Boo hoo.  Andy's a big boy and it's the NFL, for crying out loud.  The Bengals said they'd try to accommodate him.  It's not their fault no team wants him to be their starter.  If Andy plays better, or at least more consistently, this is not an issue.  The Bengals did more than alright by Andy Dalton.

People have been on the Bengals for years to take sentimentality out of the equation and as soon as they do, people want to get on them for that.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Brady brought six SB's to the Pats and BB had no problem kicking him to the curb.  It's a grown man business.  Pretty sure players are fully aware of that going in.

Now the Finley assessment, I'm totally with you on that.

Maybe you misunderstood what I was trying to convey? Not sure? Even though we were more competitive with Andy , and got the "no win monkey" off off our backs. I don't think he should have taken another snap (after) the switch to Finley. And, yes Finley looked pretty damn bad.

At that point forward they should have been aggressively seeking a AD trade partner. They knew he wasn't in the Bengals future. That's where they dropped the ball imo. I was never a big Dalton fan, but I thank him for some fun games, and wish him the best.

The FA signings have been promising, so happy about that.

Ts, this has been the craziest off-season for QBs that I can remember!! Still in flux, and crazy as we chat! 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots jump to the lead for Dalton - coachmcneil71 - 03-22-2020, 07:31 PM