Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA's the Bengals should target.
(03-21-2020, 10:24 AM)Synric Wrote: I've seen a few places they are looking at Safeties older guys like Reshad Jones and Antoine Bethea.

Also the Bengals are asking for a second round pick for Dalton.

The only team that would be interested in Dalton doesn't have a second round pick...

Don't understand, take a 3rd from the Patriots. It would be best for everyone.

Or just do a straight up player trade so they don't have to lose a pick for him.

(03-21-2020, 11:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After reviewing all of who's left on the NFL.com top 101 free agents list, I've narrowed my current "wish list" to three players.

Vonn Bell - Safety  Tough, in the box type that can also blitz effectively and covers the TE rather well.

Derek Wolfe - DE  Bengals and Wolfe were rumored to have some mutual interest.  Lack of any news/action could be because of inability to get medical clearance, after dislocating his elbow, last season.

Markus Golden - Edge  Not sure why a 10 sack guy is still sitting out there available, but there he is.  The 10 sack year wasn't an anomaly, as he had 12.5 in 2016, before tearing his ACL early in 2017.  2018 his production was low, as he was still on the rehab trail, then missing the final two games of the year with an ankle sprain.  Cards failed to re-sign him and Gmen picked him up on a one year "prove it' deal, and he came through.  I'm guessing that Golden is likely looking for a long term contract, and might be worth the risk.  He's exactly the type of edge defender the Bengals would be looking for in their 3-4 hybrid style defense.

Here's his stats.  By all accounts, he had a fantastic season, and looks to have put any lingering injury questions to rest.  Not just the sacks, but 27 QB hits and 13 TFL.  Sign this guy up!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GoldMa00.htm

Golden would be a very good grab if he can stay healthy.

(03-21-2020, 11:22 AM)Synric Wrote: Of the free agents left Vonn Bell would be my favorite add and there are people saying he wants to play in Ohio. You would have to think his asking price is high though...

I agree, would like him but he would be a little spendy I am sure.

Draft Delpit, Chinn or Dugger is my vote.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - McC - 03-17-2020, 10:28 PM
FA's the Bengals should target. - BenZoo2 - 03-18-2020, 10:15 AM
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-21-2020, 03:11 PM
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - McC - 03-22-2020, 07:26 PM
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - McC - 03-22-2020, 08:46 PM
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - McC - 03-25-2020, 03:18 PM
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - McC - 03-27-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: FA's the Bengals should target. - McC - 03-27-2020, 06:21 PM