Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots Not Considering Dalton
(03-22-2020, 05:06 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: This statement is way off base Geno. How have the Bengals done Dalton Wrong???? It always takes 2 to tango with these NFL teams.
And, how much has MB paid Dalton over the last 9 years???? I'm sure Dalton and family are doing just fine these days.

First, every team that was needing a starting QB knew that Dalton was available. If they thought that he was a better option than the QB they signed, they would've pulled the trigger with the Bengals for a 3rd/4th round pick. The only rumor that may have any merit has been that Chicago offered a 4th round choice for him. But, we still don't know 100%. And, I can't blame MB at the time for not giving him up for a 4th rounder. There were still other QB's not signed at that time as well.

Second, MB is still paying him $17 Million at this time. He's not been cut yet. I don't know how that's doing him wrong at the current time? That will be a lot of $$ for a backup.
I don't believe it would be a good move to keep your starting QB for the past 9 years on a team that your next Franchise QB is getting drafted onto. (Kitna was a different situation for Palmer).
But, I can see MB paying Dalton and waiting for the trade deadline after a starting QB goes down in order to get some good draft capital. That's just how he is and that's not a bad thing. He's looking out for his franchise.

Lastly, If he does have to cut him before, during or after the draft, there will still be enough time for Dalton to go to a team that didn't get a QB they wanted. Or, he could still re-sign at a cheaper price as backup here if he doesn't want to move his family.

God help Andy Dalton's well being.....

The issue is the Bengals said they were going to help Dalton land in a good place and that they said all they would take for him
was a 2nd round pick. The only team that really made sense before Rivers signed with the Colts was the Patriots and they don't
even have a second round pick. This is my issue, just cutting him is doing Dalton a disservice IMO.

Oh well, we will see how this plays out.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 02:50 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 02:58 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-22-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 06:48 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 06:41 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 08:08 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-22-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-23-2020, 01:16 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-23-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-24-2020, 12:24 PM
RE: Patriots Not Considering Dalton - McC - 03-24-2020, 01:35 PM