Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Will The Depression/Recession Last?
This is not going to be a mere pause. It's going to last a good long time. Most of the big cities in developing countries and those well under developed are seeing the bodies pile up as well. It may seem like nothing, but even under developed nations contribute to the global supply chain in big ways. A huge amount of the produce we consume comes from these places as do many, many raw materials that we have been relying on for the past several decades . Despite the fact that a lot of these countries have something akin to universal health care it's overrun already in most places and it's just getting started. That's not even mentioning the countries (ours included) vastly under reporting infection and deaths that are going to get really overwhelmed there's just no reasonable way to assume the economy is going to just bounce back. We'll be EXTREMELY lucky if it does. Does the phrase mass starvation mean anything? 
I'm not much on praying, but I'm praying for just a very moderate economic recovery in my lifetime. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Long Will The Depression/Recession Last? - grampahol - 04-09-2020, 10:45 AM