Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals
I really like what this staff has done so far. Getting smart players that are students of the game. High character guys that know how to play positionally. Great tacklers. Reliable. A lot of really smart, well thought out signings so far. Loving this off-season.

Can't wait to see how the draft shakes out too. Everyone's been harping on the last draft, but a lot of those players haven't had a chance to perform yet. Sample had 3 tight ends in front of him and wasn't ready yet to be honest. Most tight ends aren't amazing their first year. Look at the 49ers tight end Kittle for instance. He was terrible for his first couple years. Sample could still develop. Jonah Williams was injured, but you can tell he's highly intelligent--and has great potential as a left tackle. We actually came out of the draft with a decent looking linebacker for the first time in how long? It only took this staff one year to find a linebacker. MJ the guard has good potential. Overall they drafted a lot of role players. No splashy positional players like WR or RB. Which was smart, because that's what we were missing. Last draft could end up working out quite well as players develop. Now they are gifted with Burrow, and great draft position after a terrible year.

I like what I'm seeing so far from a decision-making standpoint. Letting Eifert go is probably the right decision as he's 30 years old and not the same player athletically. Moving towards versatile, young, healthy tight ends that can block and catch is smart. Letting Dennard go and signing two CBs that can tackle and cover and stay healthy is smart. Bring in a couple more linebackers in the draft, maybe another veteran FA for depth. Oh and another thing that has been missing for years is a legit NT that can be a force in the run game and free up pass rushers. I mean they couldn't have gone into FA more well-prepared. Kudos.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals - Bengalstripes9 - 03-24-2020, 11:56 PM