Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals
(03-24-2020, 11:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: A body. Shouldn't change any plans starting/draft. We still need 3 more lb's. As a vet presence it's a good signing. As a starter, negating an early draft pick? I'm not sure.

He does seem to take better angles than Vigil, and can tackle.

I have to admit I'm taken aback by the silent majority of Vigil fans that secretly wanted him back.

I think he backs up Pratt in the middle where he came along once he took over for Brown (so hopefully they don't move him). I don't think Bynes plays anywhere else but the middle. We still need someone that can run sideline to sideline. That was the issue. We were stout up the middle.

Pratt is a guy with sideline to sideline speed.  Evans also fits that mold, but hasn't really developed.  Pratt and Bynes will be the starters unless they draft one early, which is looking doubtful.  They've dumped a ton of FA dollars into the defense, so it's hard to see them forcing a Day 2 pick at LB.  If there's a value, they may pull the trigger, but I can't see them going into Day 2 thinking LB or bust.  They have to give the offense some tools to work with, too.  It's an insanely good WR class and also a very good OL class,both of which will be keys to Burrow's development.  With Eifert gone, you also have to look at TE depth.  Tough to pass on a duel threat RB given Mixon's contract situation if one falls, either.

We had too many holes to fill in one off-season.  Bynes is a band aid, but he's an upgrade over Vigil and if Pratt shows improvement, we should be able to get by at LB, especially with the addition of Reader.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals - Whatever - 03-25-2020, 12:36 AM