Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals
(03-26-2020, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't understand the love for Bynes.  He has been bouncing around the NFL for 9 years and could never keep a job.  He has only had two multi-year deals in his entire career and got cut in the second year of both of them.   Last year at this time he got cut from a contract with the Cards that was paying him less than $2 million a year.

Josh Bynes reminds me of Rey Maualuga.

Bynes is a two down 34 SILB or a 43 MIKE/SAM. He has excellent vision and understands blocking schemes when attacking in the run game. He can also squeeze some small zones in coverage but you don't want him trying to cover the seam or a crossing routes. He is very good in some situations and very bad in others.

Nick Vigil was below average as a run defender. He had problems controlling his gaps in run fits and took poor angles to the outside. In pass coverage between the 40s he gave up alot of space to his guys allowing yards and first downs but tightened it up in the redzone not allowing touchdowns.

The Bengals still need a #2 linebacker to lineup outside with Germaine Pratt but in a 43 or a hybrid 34 (with a 34 STAR) Bynes can is an excellent 2 down linebacker. I still believe Linebacker is high on their draft boards but Bynes helps narrow down the type (Patrick Queen, Akeem Davis-Gaither, William Gay, Tanner Muse etc.).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Josh Bynes is your newest Bengals - Synric - 03-26-2020, 02:00 PM