Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor changing MB's mind about Analytics?
(03-25-2020, 04:05 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Do you think the defense as is right now looks better on paper than the offense with Burrow, Jonah and AJ?
Will it stop people at under 20 per game?
Will that offense score more with those additions, averaging 20+ per game?
Just curious as to your thoughts....

This is a very high quality question!

I think the defensive roster looks better on paper than the offense; the defensive scheme the players will be coached to execute may prove a different story.  Lou Anarumo can put a formidable roster together on paper -- and he has -- but the defensive scheme will be different in 2020.  What I've seen  planned is a 4-3 to 3-4 hybrid which matches the best defenses in the league.  If you watch Baltimore, New England, San Francisco, and yes, Pittsburgh play defense the new "set" involves three and sometimes two linemen in a three point stance surrounded by hybrid defensive end - outside linebackers standing up.  There are still plays calling for a traditional 4-3 or 3-4 "set" but not as much as before.  I hope Lou integrates this 2-4-5 and 3-4-4 defense into the playbook.

My expertise is defense and I think yes, properly executed, the Bengals can hold opponents to less than 20 points per game.  That means not allowing big plays, shutting down chunk yardage plays, keeping the ball in front of you, getting off the field after third down, and most of all tackling at first contact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor changing MB's mind about Analytics? - Fan_in_Kettering - 03-25-2020, 04:30 PM