Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market?
(03-26-2020, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: HELL NO!!! Whatever 

Keep Dunlap, Hubbard is good but he isn't there yet. 

The only reason this would make any sense is if the coaches don't think Los fits in a 3-4 hybrid which I would disagree with...

Hubbard could rotate at LT but he is not the every down LT.  That is Carlos.  Only way I would trade him is for a guy like Thuney and then they would absolutely have to target a guy like AJ Epenesa as his replacement but even that wouldn't make much sense as a rookie to be counted on to take over Dunlap's snaps.  

Even if they were working out a deal for Clowney, he may be a better athlete but he hasn't proven he can take those number of snaps.  Now, would I love to see Clowney AND Dunlap?  Hell, yes...I can dream, but Carlos has to be in the plans this year.  

And to your point about Hubbard, he is ascending perfectly in his role at RDE and hybrid inside rusher.  Why mess with his trajectory?  

If Epenesa was drafted this year in Rd 2 and showed he was a durable stud, maybe next year Carlos could move on and we go younger, but no way do you lose a guy that is so reliable and durable at such a key position.  I was thinking how much Carlos could benefit from Reader collapsing the pocket this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market? - SHRacerX - 03-27-2020, 08:08 AM