Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market?
(03-28-2020, 09:37 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No problem! I replied to my first non-Bengals tweet in literally something like 7 years, on Thursday (or Wednesday?), where the Bluejays asked, "which of our pitchers leads the team in CG and Shutouts?"

A guy, who seems very informed (but a bit of a, "sensitive type)," tweeted back, "I see Halladay trending, which means most people got this wrong (which isn't true; MLB.com or MLB the Show tweeted something and Halladay was getting all the mentions there, but I digress). It's #37 and only #37. Get it off Teoscar."

#37, was Dave Stieb, who was our best pitcher before Halladay came around 100%.

Someone else then responded, "Halladay never wore #37, he wore #34."

lol to which *I* responded, "ACTUALLY, Halladay wore #52 at first, then switched to #32; he never wore #34 or #37."

The guy I responded to deleted his tweet, then the first guy got all pissy and responded to me, that "Using ACTUALLY is being a jerk and a smartass and makes you look like a complete moron when you get things wrong," implying I was talking to him.

So yeah, I need to be clear that I don't come off as a smart-ass, because a shit-ton of people are- I hate the term, but it is apt here- snowflakey to death and get defensive at the drop of a hat, nowadays... (and I'm not saying you are, Hoofhearted :))

Sorry for late reply. Had to start painting my kitchen.

All good truck! I didn't even find your twitter conversation as you being a jerk either. Probably because I don't let what others say affect me one way or the other. Like I'm comfortable with who am, which also means I can admit when i'm wrong. It seems like it's a rare thing when having a discussion online
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos Dunlap on the Trade Market? - Hoofhearted - 03-28-2020, 06:00 PM