Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow
(03-28-2020, 03:35 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Spazz...

Show me some tape that highlights Burrow's weaknesses and why his success won't translate to the NFL. You are trying to argue this point, that he won't be as good as all the coaches, analysts, and fans say he will be. So prove it. The burdon of proof is on you. There's a ton of evidence out there suggesting Burrow has elite traits that will lead to him potentially being an elite QB in this league. Show me something that highlights his weaknesses. Show me some tape that proves he will flop. Show me some evidence that his pocket awareness sucks, his accuracy sucks, and he is a terrible leader.

This conversation is useless and only serves to stir things up. None of us truly knows what will happen. We can use evidence to support our predictions--but in the end, we have to watch what happens. See how things develop. Compared to any other QB in this class, I think it's safe to say Burrow has the highest ceiling, and the least amount of risk. So what's the point of the discussion? We are in a good position to take a player with a great likelihood of being successful. This is reason to be happy and grateful.

You never know how things could truly shake out. Maybe he gets injured. Maybe he becomes paralyzed and his career is cut short. Maybe he is successful. Maybe he becomes a legend. Maybe he doesn't live up to the hype. Yes, these are all possibilities. That said, I wouldn't blame the Bengals for taking the chance on the best prospect available, regardless of the outcome.

You can't live life being afraid of how things might turn out. You put your best foot forward and do what you can to make things happen. There's a lot that happens that you cannot control. However, if you control what you are capable of controlling--if you continually put your best foot forward--you can hold your head high no matter the outcome. The Bengals would be putting their best foot forward by drafting Burrow. Whatever happens, happens. But there is plenty of reason for optimism.

Never once argued what he showed on the field in college...go look...not once.  I did however question his one year rise after being in college for 4 years.  I did question him not being able to win the starting gig at OSU.  I did question the team talent surrounding him and how much his performance was because of that.  I did question if he has hit his ceiling.  I did question how a 3 star HS prospect and a 4-5th round pro prospect prior to this season shoots to the number one overall pick.  These are all legitimate questions with no definitive answer.

Again, I hope he comes here and lights the world on fire.  I know that everyone hopes for this. There is no denying his talent, his mental abilities, his accuracy and leadership that he showed in college.  However there are questions that cannot be answered until he hits the field. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Former Bengals QB Evaluates Burrow - spazz70 - 03-28-2020, 04:06 PM