Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Suddenly Thin at DB
Cutting Kirkpatrick and not keeping Dennard plus a few other DB's gone. It seems risky. How many DB's do they think they can add all at once ???

Well, I had been thinking Burrows at QB, a LB that we need, an OT that we need. Suddenly DB becomes a need. I don't know how they are going to fill all the needs areas of this 2 win team that was lousy in both 2018 and 2019. Many needs, not enough draft picks.

NEEDED ADD ON : Bengals.com is not showing Wayne's or Alexander or any Free Agents added in Transactions or Team Roster. So if I'm wrong on Bengals thin at DB, it is because Bengals.com is wrong. I hope they are wrong and Bengals not this thin at DB.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Cutting Kirkpatrick and not keeping Dennard plus a few other DB's gone. It seems risky. How many DB's do they think they can add all at once ???

Well, I had been thinking Burrows at QB, a LB that we need, an OT that we need. Suddenly DB becomes a need. I don't know how they are going to fill all the needs areas of this 2 win team that was lousy in both 2018 and 2019. Many needs, not enough draft picks.

William Jackson Trae Wayne’s Darius Phillips Mackenzie Alexander they are not thin at DB draft one late and we will be more than ok.
Reply/Quote
Huh? We have plenty of DB’s. Dre was replaced by Trae Waynes. Dennard was replaced by Mackensie Alexander. And we brought in Vonn Bell. DB is absolutely not an immediate need.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I dont post much.. but, did you see what we did in free agency?
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry, do what????
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: William Jackson Trae Wayne’s Darius Phillips Mackenzie Alexander they are not thin at DB draft one late and we will be more than ok.

I hope you are right because Bengals.com Team or Transactions doesn't show Wayne's or Alexander on the team.  They show Phillips and a lot of empty spots. 

In fact, Bengals.com Transactions shows no Bengals Free Agents added. Are they not signed yet ? Why does Bengals.com not show them added ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
They resigned Tony Brown also
The secondary they brought in better tacklers
In free agency and guys that still Ceiling to reach
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:42 AM)kevin Wrote: I hope you are right because Bengals.com Team or Transactions doesn't show Wayne's or Alexander on the team.  They show Phillips and a lot of empty spots. 

In fact, Bengals.com Transactions shows no Bengals Free Agents added.   Are they not signed yet ?  Why does Bengals.com not show them added ?

where have you been??? They can't actually sign until they have physicals, which they can't do yet. You notice Reader isn't on there either....
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: where have you been??? They can't actually sign until they have physicals, which they can't do yet. You notice Reader isn't on there either....

So they haven't really signed yet.  I'll feel better once they are actually signed.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Can a mod delete this thread? Lol
Reply/Quote
So we lost 2 CBs and added 2 and a safety but we're thin at the position group?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:15 AM)kevin Wrote: So they haven't really signed yet.  I'll feel better once they are actually signed.  

Yeah....

Scared with all the contracts going unsigned.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:16 AM)Fullrock Wrote: Can a mod delete this thread? Lol

Totally this, the OP apparently missed free agency.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:20 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Yeah....

Scared with all the contracts going unsigned.

We made Reader the highest paid NT in the league. Pretty much everyone says we overpaid Waynes. Those two for sure aren’t backing out.

I’m sure we’ll get Bell and Alexander signed up ASAP as well.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Cutting Kirkpatrick and not keeping Dennard plus a few other DB's gone. It seems risky. How many DB's do they think they can add all at once ???

NEEDED ADD ON : Bengals.com is not showing Wayne's or Alexander or any Free Agents added in Transactions or Team Roster. So if I'm wrong on Bengals thin at DB, it is because Bengals.com is wrong. I hope they are wrong and Bengals not this thin at DB.

Not at all.

Bengals are skinny at LB, WR and O-Line. I expect the draft will skew to those positions. Of course the Bengals will see it differently and draft others.
Reply/Quote

Exactly
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Cutting Kirkpatrick and not keeping Dennard plus a few other DB's gone.   It seems risky.  How many DB's do they think they can add all at once ???

Well, I had been thinking Burrows at QB, a LB that we need, an OT that we need.   Suddenly DB becomes a need. I don't know how they are going to fill all the needs areas of this 2 win team that was lousy in both 2018 and 2019.  Many needs, not enough draft picks.

NEEDED ADD ON :  Bengals.com is not showing Wayne's or Alexander or any Free Agents added in Transactions or Team Roster.  So if I'm wrong on Bengals thin at DB, it is because Bengals.com is wrong. I hope they are wrong and Bengals not this thin at DB.

The Bengals have added Waynes and Alexander to replace Kirk and Dennard, plus they've added McTyer, Tony Brown, Deshaun Sims, Greg Mabin, and CFL interception leader Winston Rose.

They are set at CB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Nope...

Maybe it will help others who aren't aware that nothing is yet 100% official :andy:
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We made Reader the highest paid NT in the league. Pretty much everyone says we overpaid Waynes. Those two for sure aren’t backing out.

I’m sure we’ll get Bell and Alexander signed up ASAP as well.

If they do, then we would be dodging a bullet.  If either of them would make a move that dumb, imagine what kind of dumb stuff they would do between the lines!
Reply/Quote