Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sirius xm mock draft
Today they did two rounds with trades. Kirwin had the bengals. Burrow in 1. For round two he announces the bengals signed burrow overnight and trade dalton to New England for picks 87 and 2 others. 110 and 125 maybe? His reasoning was that New England has 12 picks and they won’t use them all. The value of those picks is equal to a late 2nd.

He also traded down to 37 with San Diego for a third or 4th I don’t remember the number. He took Malik Harrison, lb, osu.

I would be ecstatic with that scenario.

Players I would have considered were Cleveland, chinn, baun or maybe Mims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just feel like the ship has sailed on a Dalton trade. I think teams are willing to call the Bengals' bluff. Keep Dalton on the books as a backup to the tune of $17 million, or release him. Why trade picks when they could just wait the Bengals out?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Today they did two rounds with trades.  Kirwin had the bengals.  Burrow in 1.  For round two he announces the bengals signed burrow overnight and trade dalton to New England for picks 87 and 2 others.  110 and 125 maybe?  His reasoning was that New England has 12 picks and they won’t use them all.  The value of those picks is equal to a late 2nd.

He also traded down to 37 with San Diego for a third or 4th I don’t remember the number.  He took Malik Harrison, lb, osu.  

I'd like to start by saying "Thank you" for the recap.  I had every intention of tuning in, but decided to take the pool cover off around 1:00 and ended up in a time warp that ended around 6:30...

I'd love to snag Harrison, and I know Kirwan has been praising him a ton lately.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I just feel like the ship has sailed on a Dalton trade.  I think teams are willing to call the Bengals' bluff.  Keep Dalton on the books as a backup to the tune of $17 million, or release him.  Why trade picks when they could just wait the Bengals out?

Because you won't get him until 2021 without trading for him, and the reason to go after him is because you need a starter right now.  Even 2021 might not be a given, as a camp or early season injury could create a needy team who trades for him and ultimately extends him.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 09:10 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I just feel like the ship has sailed on a Dalton trade.  I think teams are willing to call the Bengals' bluff.  Keep Dalton on the books as a backup to the tune of $17 million, or release him.  Why trade picks when they could just wait the Bengals out?

You might be right.  I still feel that way too.  But he had some compelling points.  There might still be a trade market for him now, or later.
Reply/Quote
Man if Kirwin said that, I'm shocked. I hope so
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2020, 08:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Today they did two rounds with trades.  Kirwin had the bengals.  Burrow in 1.  For round two he announces the bengals signed burrow overnight and trade dalton to New England for picks 87 and 2 others.  110 and 125 maybe?  His reasoning was that New England has 12 picks and they won’t use them all.  The value of those picks is equal to a late 2nd.

He also traded down to 37 with San Diego for a third or 4th I don’t remember the number.  He took Malik Harrison, lb, osu.  

I forgot the Pats had 12 picks, that is what makes the Dalton trade possible.

Still thinking a player for player trade might be the best way to go. This would be a good way to start out the Draft though.

Adding your Franchise QB, a good 3-4 Linebacker while adding picks and letting Dalton's salary go. I like.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I forgot the Pats had 12 picks, that is what makes the Dalton trade possible.

Still thinking a player for player trade might be the best way to go. This would be a good way to start out the Draft though.

Adding your Franchise QB, a good 3-4 Linebacker while adding picks and letting Dalton's salary go. I like.

I still believe unless Jax knocks Cincy's socks off with a deal that Dalton is going to be a Patriot.  I don't believe anything that comes out of that team's HQ or media.  It is easy (seems his lot in life) to take shots at Dalton for any number of things, but the one thing that can't be discounted is how quickly he has absorbed different offenses and when he had some semblance of talent around him, he excelled.

I think the Pats will wait out day 1 of the draft, and if a QB like Herbert or Love doesn't fall to them, they will make the move before day 2.  
Reply/Quote

Does Kirwin realize that the Pats only have $800k in cap space right now?  That pretty much makes a pick for Dalton scenario impossible.  The only deal that would make sense for them is Thuney for Dalton.  Thuney's FT is just salary, so there's no dead cap if he's traded and they could work an extension for Dalton to drop his cap number.
Reply/Quote

I think Chinn as a LB is a viable option.  Also, Muse.  It would not surprise me if the Bengals took one LB and one of those Hybrid types like Chinn.  Move Williams to LB/hybrid full time.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 11:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I still believe unless Jax knocks Cincy's socks off with a deal that Dalton is going to be a Patriot.  I don't believe anything that comes out of that team's HQ or media.  It is easy (seems his lot in life) to take shots at Dalton for any number of things, but the one thing that can't be discounted is how quickly he has absorbed different offenses and when he had some semblance of talent around him, he excelled.

I think the Pats will wait out day 1 of the draft, and if a QB like Herbert or Love doesn't fall to them, they will make the move before day 2.  

I believe I read that the Patriots have one million in cap space.  Even if they did want Dalton(which I won't believe for a second until he becomes a Patriot), how on earth would they make it work?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 12:21 PM)McC Wrote: I believe I read that the Patriots have one million in cap space.  Even if they did want Dalton(which I won't believe for a second until he becomes a Patriot), how on earth would they make it work?

They’re going to have trouble signing Thuney and 12 draft picks too. They are going to have to cut or restructure some guys regardless it sounds like

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 12:21 PM)McC Wrote: I believe I read that the Patriots have one million in cap space.  Even if they did want Dalton(which I won't believe for a second until he becomes a Patriot), how on earth would they make it work?

Good question.  I believe they offered Brady one or two years at $25 million per.  How would that have worked?  Answer:  they find a way.

The trade would probably have to be contingent on Dalton signing a new deal...I bet Andy would take almost anything to play there and, with 12 draft picks, the Pats might still be clearing out a lot of cap space and going young.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 04:58 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good question.  I believe they offered Brady one or two years at $25 million per.  How would that have worked?  Answer:  they find a way.

The trade would probably have to be contingent on Dalton signing a new deal...I bet Andy would take almost anything to play there and, with 12 draft picks, the Pats might still be clearing out a lot of cap space and going young.

There's no doubt they need to get younger. 

My gut feeling is that those twelve picks will be used in some form to make multiple trades to get up where they need to be to draft a QB.

Either that or they'll roll with Stidham on a rookie deal.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

There I disagree completely.  A Dalton trade during FA has sailed.  A Dalton trade during the draft is still a possibility for a team that misses out on getting their QB.  Happens often just not usually with QBs
Reply/Quote