Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated cap situation w/ Reader's numbers
(04-08-2020, 03:03 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: True, but I suspect that will change. I think it didn't change last year because the front office wanted to keep Eifert, essentially as a reciever, not so much the coaching staff. The coaching staff seems to be having more input, and 3 TEs make more sense for a 21-personnel team. 

(04-08-2020, 03:08 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I should add that this is a really, really weak year for TEs in the draft, making it unlikely that there's anybody who really represents great value at any given pick.

So sure, if Franks or Schreck or whatever UDFA we add outcompetes somebody at another position for one of the final roster spots, we might keep 4 TEs. It's really more about talent and value than certain numbers at given positions.

Dehner's recent article in The Athletic also said that Simmons really likes Carter for special teams. He must be a great blocker - something that as fans we wouldn't ordinarily observe when watching games.

With the extra roster spot, I don't see them dropping one: think they'll give Burrow as many weapons as humanly possible.

And that includes Thaddeus Moss. I can see a Jordan Palmer sitch, where he'll be drafted simply to appease (but actually compete and play well lol).

(04-08-2020, 07:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, don't they also like to keep a TE to be used as a situational FB?  I'm not cryin' about keeping Cethan Carter on the team, I remember a specific play from last year's dismal season, where he caught a short hitch and then looked like a bull in a china shop, knockin' dudes for YAC.

He did all his damaged in the NE game.

It's not a secret that I really don't like Carter or see what he brings to the team, but if he's kept for STs, then all the more reason we go 4 TEs again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updated cap situation w/ Reader's numbers - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-08-2020, 07:38 PM