Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much?
A few things to add to this thread:

More rumors abound that Tua is dropping due to medicals, and I'm referring to Bob McGinn's famous poll of NFL execs. Of course, it could be smoke, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a precipitous fall. Maybe even the Pats pass on him? Our pick at 33 is one spot ahead of a QB needy team that doesn't pick in the first round - INDY - meaning in that scenario we could have serious trade leverage at 33.

NE is indeed in cap hell. They have very few players who can be cut without serious dead money (except for Sanu, but why trade a 2 for a guy and then cut him). This is why I think that they are going to trade Thuney, but no, sadly, not to us. Probably to Detroit or Cleveland. But even then, any trade of Dalton at this point would involve us swallowing some of his money (against our cap). That's how Miami got a pick for Tannehill, and that was a lowly day 3 pick.

If you guys think Williams and Bernard are overpaid, I'm not sure why you'd want to trade for Donta Hightower. Dude has played a full 16 game season precisely *once* in his career. He'd cost us 8.75m and probably be hurt most of the time and he's 30 yo. In fact I bet New England cuts him later.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Patriot's trade situation on 3 players: Cap hit too much? - Geno_Can_Dunk - 04-17-2020, 12:41 PM